Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 04:17:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bye bye lead  (Read 5145 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: December 01, 2013, 08:27:23 PM »

http://allenbwest.com/2013/12/backdoor-gun-control-lead-means-bullets/#MOtZeMTHjpJymr4M.01

some of you probably already know about this.  i'm sure we can work around it.  wonder how much this is going to cost us all?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »

I have 800 pounds.  I may be a rich man or a hazmat site.
JPinMO
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »

Election day 2014 can't get here soon enough....

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either. – Albert Einstein
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »

I am willing to support candidates who might change things, but I think of some I supported who didn't and I really get angry.  Politicians have a hard time staying bought! 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 02:45:17 AM »

Wow, beeks don’t know that Lead is toxic to humans huh  Maybe it’s time to crack the books a little more?

Lead was phased out of general use gasoline in the 1970s.  I assume some beeks still drive cars even after the lead was removed….....

GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:39:11 AM »

Bluebee;

anything coming toward you at a couple thousand feet per second is toxic banana devil

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 10:44:21 AM »

lau

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »

What a covert way of gun control. When it becomes illegal to import lead the circle will be complete.
I guess lead is only dangerous in certain forms. Wheel weights to balance car and truck wheels are still made of lead that is handles by tire changers every day. And how many open a split shot sinker with their teeth? Can't we still lay animals that we eat full of lead? I grew up with lead paint and I don't think I have any more health problems than kids growing up today. I  believe a lot of allergies these days are the immune system not having things to handle in this "sterile' world we expose the kids to today.
How many kids couldn't eat a PB and J sandwich when you grew up?  It was unheard of in my day.It was on the daily menu at school.
We need to look at the true motives for removing lead from our lives and where it is and is not being removed.

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »

Bluebee;

anything coming toward you at a couple thousand feet per second is toxic banana devil

Walked right into it didn't he? Lol

I wouldn't mind these stories if they would dispense with their HALF-truth titles and conjecture about what "might" happen(usually in an attempt to sway opinion). Just state the facts please.
Lead isn't the only material suitable for ammunition. Cheap-yes but also highly pollutive to smelt the raw ore.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »

Lead isn't the only material suitable for ammunition. Cheap-yes but also highly pollutive to smelt the raw ore.

sort of true.  not the point.  there are already many regulations that keep  them from polluting water, ground, etc.  these extra regs are in the same class as those directed at coal.  they are designed to shut down certain industries to further leftist agendas.

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »

sort of true.  not the point.  there are already many regulations that keep  them from polluting water, ground, etc.  these extra regs are in the same class as those directed at coal.  they are designed to shut down certain industries to further leftist agendas.

Sort of true?? Lol which part?

You say further the leftist agenda, I say Agenda 21 which both parties appear to be onboard with. They just go about it differently. 2roads 1direction
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 07:52:28 PM »

Sort of true

grin  the highly polluting part.  lots of things can pollute if not handled with care.  take these dang curly light bulbs as an example.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »

Lol Kathy

I keep seeing an investment opportunity ...a little retrofit and BAM you got the only RAW lead smelter in the US.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 03:14:04 AM »

Unfortunately there are even more toxic things arriving at 186,000 miles a second than Lead. Sad

What I’m really hoping Obama, or Madame President Hillary, will implement is a mental health requirement for all gun and ammo purchases.  Even the Conservatives like to blame the “loonies” for the gun massacres’, so why not screen for mental illnesses?  I can’t think of a better way to remove a ton of guns for society than mental health screening.  Just for the record, things like paranoia, delusion, and living in some other reality are signs of mental illness laugh

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 04:14:04 AM »

I half expected someone to jump on that Agenda 21 comment. Lol
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 05:59:20 AM »

Lol Kathy

I keep seeing an investment opportunity ...a little retrofit and BAM you got the only RAW lead smelter in the US.

laugh laugh Now that's funny………For those 'fearing' the end of lead  Undecided  Don't forget to 'breathe deep' when doing the melting down……... grin

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 09:54:05 AM »

I half expected someone to jump on that Agenda 21 comment.

not anyone who knows what it is.

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »

Lol Kathy

laugh laugh Now that's funny………For those 'fearing' the end of lead  Undecided  Don't forget to 'breathe deep' when doing the melting down……... grin

The process can be brought within the new regulations with the proper equipment. The owners chose to close rather than make the change because they deemed the investment "too risky". While I don't know the exact meaning of that I can guess at the basics.

Fines+New Equip. would require prices to rise. Perhaps putting the lead produced there at a disadvantage in the market. Purely speculation there I admit. And who knows more regulation could be in the pipeline completely negating the return on the current required updates.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 06:37:05 PM »

the new requirements would be extremely expensive with no guarantee that it would end there.  it just wasn't worth it.

the funny thing about this and other EPA crap is that it forces productions overseas where there are far fewer controls on pollution.  since most pollution is global (water, air, etc.) they have made the problem worse.  is this about pollution, or something else?

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »

want another chilling thing coming down the pipe, check out the new EPA regs that they want on water. this is one of the many things that Harry has made easier with his changes in senate rules.  DC court has been holding some of this stuff back.  won't be anything to stop them now.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next