Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 07:42:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Programs for windows  (Read 1684 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: March 19, 2006, 03:35:45 PM »

Here is a page of free open source programs, that you can use with *cough* windows *cough*.
http://www.opensourcewindows.org/

I would however encourage you to move away from from the windoze. Step away from the M$, do it now, before you or someone gets hurt.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Present
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:32:37 PM »

great list, thanks...

many of those programs are very useful, because they are identical in use and apperance to their Linux counterparts.  Once comfortable with these very mature programs, the switch in the underlying Operating System from Win to Linux is a much smoother transition.

I installed OpenOffice, Firefox and Thunderbird for my wife on windows for several months, then one day I reinstalled her OS with Linux, but kept the same icon placement, background, etc.  It was several days before she even noticed something had changed..."Hey, my start button looks different!" was the comment if I remember, though it could easily have been, "hey, my computer hasn't crashed in a while..."

Cheesy
gl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next