Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 12:43:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Simple Rule of Life;  (Read 1506 times)
Brother Dave
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 12:11:38 AM »

Good thoughts all there are a lot of receivers out there it is great to see people trying to help others in a well thought out balanced way.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »

When it comes to discussions about entitlements, I prefer the edict issued by John Smith at Jamestown...."He who shall not work, shall not eat'

2Th 3:10  For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. -KJV

I would encourage each of you not to get discouraged by the lack of good evident when helping others.  You may not see the seed that you've planted take root, but that doesn't mean that its donppppe no good.  

But, there is a great deal of wisdom in giving a hand up not a hand out.  If the person you're helping is personally invested in themselves they will much more likely succeed.  The government system of 'help' isn't much help to most at all.  It's a system of control that keep the masses on the Federal teat. Let each of us do our own part individually and we are called to do.
Some of my liberal/progressive/left friends like to say that is Paul's message not Jesus. I say it all comes from GOD. Here is the same message from the OT:

Ecclesiastes 11 The Message

Be generous: Invest in acts of charity. Charity yields high returns.
Don’t hoard your goods; spread them around.
Be a blessing to others. This could be your last night.

When the clouds are full of water, it rains.
When the wind blows down a tree, it lies where it falls. Don’t sit there watching the wind. Do your own work. Don’t stare at the clouds. Get on with your life.

Just as you’ll never understand the mystery of life forming in a pregnant woman, So you’ll never understand the mystery at work in all that God does.
Go to work in the morning and stick to it until evening without watching the clock. You never know from moment to moment how your work will turn out in the end.

The point being if you work you will benefit. How or when you may not understand but laziness and being idle will come to nothing everytime. And when you do profit, be generous. You may not be here tomorrow. Stop worrying about what the "other" is or is not doing. YOU do the right thing, today.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »

goodpost

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »

Worrying what someone else thinks of us is none of our business.  Wink

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print