Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 10:24:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Simple Rule of Life;  (Read 1476 times)
GSF
Super Bee

« on: November 24, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »

A Simple Rule of Life;

If you help someone when they're in trouble,

they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
OldMech
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »

A Simple Rule of Life;

If you help someone when they're in trouble,

they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

Yep!!! Especially if its your KIDS!!!    we generally only see them when they NEED something.. food, money etc...  However.. when we need help we do know we can count on friends and sometimes our kids Tongue

39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »

Or……..perhaps they will help you when 'you're' in trouble……... cool  (that's closer to my own experience)

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
itsme
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »

There is also the experience of helping someone that is in need and having them be unappreciative and expecting more and more from you.  My wife and I are going through this right now.  This couple seems to have the mentality of entitlement.  We really didn't expect that.

To most rules there are exceptions...
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 05:25:14 AM »

Well, unlike our family we do get to choose our friends…………choose wisely  Wink

Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »

I finally quit loaning money.  I just consider it a gift, but there has come the realization to a lifelong 'Soft Touch', that we often do more harm than good when helping most people.   It just allows them to continue the non productive behavior that got them in to trouble in the first place. Someone who is genuinely handicapped is a whole different category though.  That does not apply to most manning corners by Wahlmart. 
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »

Luke 6:31 The Message (MSG)

31-34 Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them!
If you only love the lovable, do you expect a pat on the back? Run-of-the-mill sinners do that. If you only help those who help you, do you expect a medal? Garden-variety sinners do that. If you only give for what you hope to get out of it, do you think that’s charity? The stingiest of pawnbrokers does that.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »

Luke 6:31 The Message (MSG)

31-34 Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them!
If you only love the lovable, do you expect a pat on the back? Run-of-the-mill sinners do that. If you only help those who help you, do you expect a medal? Garden-variety sinners do that. If you only give for what you hope to get out of it, do you think that’s charity? The stingiest of pawnbrokers does that.

applause applause th_thumbsupup cheer

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »

I subscribe to the approach of 'Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for life?'

I have no problem helping someone out that needs a legitimate hand...I also have no interest in helping someone out that has no interest in helping themselves.  The entitlement mentality in this country is already out of control, the last thing I want to do is help contribute to it.  grin

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 08:11:19 PM »

""I subscribe to the approach of 'Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for life?' ""

OR he will borrow your fishing rod and break it, but won't replace it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »

I got a WHOLE pile of broken fishing rods!    I concur with the scripture quoted quoted but Christ also said people should work for their bread.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:08 AM »

Any discussion that includes the so-called 'entitled' must begin and end with those who currently monopolize the earth and its resources, the 'real takers' of our society.

No human being created the Earth, therefore no human being is 'entitled' to exclusive, eternal ownership, rights or control of the Earth, whether by purchase, inheritance or theft, without also paying 'rent' to the rest of Earths citizens.  We are all borrowers while we're alive.  We all deserve a cut.

"KEEP WHAT YOU MAKE" (by your own sweat and labor)

"PAY FOR WHAT YOU TAKE"  (from the world)…………….the essence of Georgist (Henry George) philosophy……….

Our current economic system is operating backwards/up-side down and primarily benefits the most fortunate in our society……….and that's no accident….not after 2000 years of practice. 

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 06:52:06 AM »

Any discussion that includes the so-called 'entitled' must begin and end with those who currently monopolize the earth and its resources, the 'real takers' of our society.

No human being created the Earth, therefore no human being is 'entitled' to exclusive, eternal ownership, rights or control of the Earth, whether by purchase, inheritance or theft, without also paying 'rent' to the rest of Earths citizens.  We are all borrowers while we're alive.  We all deserve a cut.

"KEEP WHAT YOU MAKE" (by your own sweat and labor)

"PAY FOR WHAT YOU TAKE"  (from the world)…………….the essence of Georgist (Henry George) philosophy……….

Our current economic system is operating backwards/up-side down and primarily benefits the most fortunate in our society……….and that's no accident….not after 2000 years of practice. 

When it comes to discussions about entitlements, I prefer the edict issued by John Smith at Jamestown...."He who shall not work, shall not eat'

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 07:25:35 AM »

There it is…do your part to maintain the status quo at all costs as sheeple not people…... shocked followers instead of leaders……aping the loudmouths instead of thinking for ourselves.  

Let the meek (less fortunate) just die off (starve em) for cryin' out loud so the true takers can have it all…….that'll fix things  Undecided

Human folly anyone?  grin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:07:22 AM by T Beek » Logged

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 08:40:13 AM »

OK;  How about some definitions of 'work' from posters. 

What does 'work' look like from your own personal perspective?  Is it always just when performing some deed for another in exchange of an 'agreed' amount?  Does it always have to produce an income?

Do you shower 'before' going to work or after we're done?  Are you (we) ever done working under our current system?  After-all, it could be argued that 'Consumerism' is also a form of work under our current system I suppose. 

Does the 'revenue' (whatever form it may take) generated by your efforts at work come from 'earned' income (sweat, labor or thoughts)?  Or does it come from 'unearned' income originating from someone else's pockets, minds or property? 

Which type of income should be the only one that is taxed?  Earned or unearned?  Which type of income was the only one taxed, until around 100 years ago?  What happened to change it?

OR; do you think there is no difference between the two types?  'Income is income' you might say, in which case we must then ask "why isn't all income treated the same", taxed the same, or controlled by and/or on behalf of the same small group of people and excluding the rest of society.

And what about LAND?  Who really owns the LAND?  We already know who controls it and what's beneath it.  This might take another discussion  Undecided

Gotta go OOT for a bit, can't wait for all the insights to come……….Ready, set, GOOOOO! laugh

I sincerely Hope and wish that all members of Beemaster have a wonderful (and thankful Wink) THANKSGIVING!!!

All good questions deserving of discussion, no?  Let's try and keep it friendly and see how long it goes…………………. Wink

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »

And what about LAND?  Who really owns the LAND?  We already know who controls it and what's beneath it.  This might take another discussion

...that's an easy one.  Whomever is occupying it and is equipped with enough firepower to keep it.  Alternatively, it eventually belongs to the person who ends up occupying it because the previous owner didn't have as much firepower.

I'm often amused by the notion that someone in a relatively urban situation thinks that owning a piece of land in the country will give them a refuge that they "own" if everything falls apart in the cities.  I always picture someone in Madd Maxx trying to argue ownership of some land...holding a piece of paper with the official stamp of a defunct government for someone with a gun.

deknow
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 04:03:43 AM »

Alas, I had hoped for a more meaningful discussion.

Ummm, with little exception actual ownership of land is an illusion.  Even holding a title does;t mean someone owns land (especially what might be below the surface).  Ask your local banker, if they are honest and smart enough to know the truth they'll tell you who owns the land (EARTH).

Oh well, I tried……………….

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 04:13:22 AM »

T Beek, you’re a beacon of light around here. applause applause applause  Some of us can see and appreciate, some can’t Sad.  You raise some interesting questions, as always. 

As for land “ownership”, t beek is right, ownership is more or less an illusion and transitory at best.  In Michigan (and many other States), if you fail to pay your property taxes for a few years, the State will take “your” land back.  Hence do you own it, or are you really just leasing it from the people in control?
Bee-Mover
New Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 08:34:56 AM »

When it comes to discussions about entitlements, I prefer the edict issued by John Smith at Jamestown...."He who shall not work, shall not eat'

2Th 3:10  For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. -KJV

I would encourage each of you not to get discouraged by the lack of good evident when helping others.  You may not see the seed that you've planted take root, but that doesn't mean that its done no good. 

But, there is a great deal of wisdom in giving a hand up not a hand out.  If the person you're helping is personally invested in themselves they will much more likely succeed.  The government system of 'help' isn't much help to most at all.  It's a system of control that keep the masses on the Federal teat. Let each of us do our own part individually and we are called to do.
JPinMO
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »

I would encourage each of you not to get discouraged by the lack of good evident when helping others.  You may not see the seed that you've planted take root, but that doesn't mean that its done no good. 

Amen, Bee-Mover. It's not 'karma' or 'what goes around comes around', it's "sowing and reaping." And we all know there is often plenty of "time" between seed and harvest.

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either. – Albert Einstein
Brother Dave
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 12:11:38 AM »

Good thoughts all there are a lot of receivers out there it is great to see people trying to help others in a well thought out balanced way.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »

2Th 3:10  For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. -KJV

I would encourage each of you not to get discouraged by the lack of good evident when helping others.  You may not see the seed that you've planted take root, but that doesn't mean that its donppppe no good.  

But, there is a great deal of wisdom in giving a hand up not a hand out.  If the person you're helping is personally invested in themselves they will much more likely succeed.  The government system of 'help' isn't much help to most at all.  It's a system of control that keep the masses on the Federal teat. Let each of us do our own part individually and we are called to do.
Some of my liberal/progressive/left friends like to say that is Paul's message not Jesus. I say it all comes from GOD. Here is the same message from the OT:

Ecclesiastes 11 The Message

Be generous: Invest in acts of charity. Charity yields high returns.
Don’t hoard your goods; spread them around.
Be a blessing to others. This could be your last night.

When the clouds are full of water, it rains.
When the wind blows down a tree, it lies where it falls. Don’t sit there watching the wind. Do your own work. Don’t stare at the clouds. Get on with your life.

Just as you’ll never understand the mystery of life forming in a pregnant woman, So you’ll never understand the mystery at work in all that God does.
Go to work in the morning and stick to it until evening without watching the clock. You never know from moment to moment how your work will turn out in the end.

The point being if you work you will benefit. How or when you may not understand but laziness and being idle will come to nothing everytime. And when you do profit, be generous. You may not be here tomorrow. Stop worrying about what the "other" is or is not doing. YOU do the right thing, today.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »

goodpost

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »

Worrying what someone else thinks of us is none of our business.  Wink

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print