Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What frames have mid-frame self-spacers?  (Read 646 times)

Offline ugcheleuce

  • House Bee
  • **
  • Posts: 128
  • Gender: Male
What frames have mid-frame self-spacers?
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
Hello everyone

Can anyone here identify the frames in the image below? They have a self-spacer about halfway down the depth of the frame. What are these spacers called? Do you know of other frames that have them?

Samuel Murray, Apeldoorn, Netherlands
3 hives in desperate need of requeening :-)

Offline BlueBee

  • Galactic Bee
  • ******
  • Posts: 4587
  • Gender: Male
Re: What frames have mid-frame self-spacers?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:33:29 PM »
Hey, those are Robo spacers. ;)  I use the same thing on my Jumbo frames.  You don’t want a really long surface area for the bees to propolize frames together on the big frames, hence something like this is a good replacement for the Hoffman spacers IMO.  Actually I believe Brother Adam used the idea of a simpler spacer decades ago.