Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 06:19:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a question....  (Read 755 times)
Mr T-Bone
New Bee

« on: January 31, 2006, 11:40:59 AM »

In this post http://beemaster.com/beebbs/viewtopic.php?t=4298 I told about transfering my bees to a new hive... In the process of doing this I noticed that many of my brrod frames  are in horrible condition, in fact 2 of them fell to pieces during the transfer. What I'd like to know, is how do I go about replacing the frames withou disrupting the brood cycle. Should I replace them 1 at a time and wait till the new foundation is drwn and the queen has laid, or  should I try to put the brood comb in new frames? Any thoughts of suggestoions? smiley  smiley  smiley

"Do your duty in all things...You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less."
Robert E. Lee

http://briarhillfarms.bravehost.com/index.html
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 12:03:57 PM »

Remove the outer frames (no brood) and move the center frames outwards.   Put your new frames into the center.  Keep repeating this until all your old frames are replace.   Wait until the weather is warm enough though.  You don't want to split the brood when cold.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next