There has bee a certain amount of research into micro doses of bee venom for medicinal purposes, mostly done by the Russians I think. There could very easily be something in this, as we all know that just about everything that comes out of a hive is good for you, however, one must take all precautions against being stung until one is certain that there is not going to an allergic reaction, and even then you never know when one might occur.
I have kept bees for many years had no fear of stings at all, till one day I broke some rules and got attacked, the allergic reaction that followed was horrible to put it mildly. I now have to carry an epi pen and go into the bees dressed like a warrior.
See my article www.pcela.co.yu