Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 23, 2014, 09:58:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first time showing my Glock 19  (Read 2252 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 05:05:32 PM »

Hi Kathy and everyone:

My wife  mostly, and me some got to shoot almost 300 rounds through her 22 Thursday, and she absolutely loves it. Not to mention that she's a sure shot with that thing, I have an Oakley Annie on my hands.

We had an awesome time she shot two magazines from the Glock 19 (note, that she loaded the magazines with the UpLula and charged the pistol with the charging ring I got for her) she says that the recoil spring is finally starting to loosen on the Glock - but I think her confidence level has grown exponentially.

She now keeps her 22 loaded and right at her computer stand with easy access because she's not that far from the front door, only six steps up on to the landing, so she can easily get her hands on it if ever needed. 

She likes to shoot, I'm really glad about that I think my slow introduction of all the YouTube videos and other content has taken the scare out of handguns, and filling that void with respect for what they can do. The ideal combination surely.

I can't believe how good she really is with the SP101-22lr not having to deal with any felt recoil, she concentrates very well on the sites with a 4 inch barrel and I believe a roughly 7 inch site radius, her shooting in single action just let's her place the bullets right through the paper exactly where she wants them. I mean to say at seven and 10 yards she's nailing 80 to 90% in to DVD sized circles. I think she found something she really enjoys doing that works well with her health issues now. Thank God for that.

After we got home from the range that day, she sat down and asked me to hand her the Ruger case and she reloaded the pistol and put it back under her table. I asked her if she would reload the Glock for me and sure enough did that too, she got all 15 rounds into those magazines really nice. It's nice to have a wife who's utilitarian in the world of firearms - never thought I'd have that.

By the way, to do a review on the federal champion 22 Long rifle ammo, out of roughly 300 rounds we had one round that did not fire, but ran it through a second time and it fired no problem so we have zero non-fires out of all the ammo we shot from the 5250 rounds we bought.

So the Ruger has a good 12 pound trigger pull in double action, that will wear out just about anyone eventually, I know I shot 16 rounds like that and went back to single action myself. My wife found out that ideally she'll pull back the hammer with her one thumb with the other on top and the switch giving each thumb a rest between firing.

Honestly Kathy, it is a wonderful Christmas present to me that we found a new hobby in range shooting. She looks forward to going, and I could not ask for anymore. I'm Very proud of her, I wasn't sure how involved I could get her beyond the basics of self protection, but she's gone beyond that and then some. Bravo to her!

I was going to upload a few target images from our Thursday shooting, but I'm on cellular data at work right now I think I'll wait to upload those images when I'm back on Wi-Fi. But thank you for asking and I'm glad I had good news to share.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »

Honestly Kathy, it is a wonderful Christmas present to me that we found a new hobby in range shooting. She looks forward to going, and I could not ask for anymore. I'm Very proud of her, I wasn't sure how involved I could get her beyond the basics of self protection, but she's gone beyond that and then some. Bravo to her!

good for both of you.  most women i know are the same.  once they get over the fear part, they are pretty enthusiastic and good! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next