Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 09:21:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new guy  (Read 525 times)
smoakingun
New Bee

« on: October 31, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »

Ok. I've been lurking around here for a few months now,I live in Melrose, Fl. I guess I should make an introduction.
I just brought home my first bees Monday. I am already learning about my bees, and the differences in the hives, it's pretty neat but there is still much to learn. I have been getting a little mentoring from a friend in Jacksonville, but I sure would like to meet some folks a little closer. Is there anyone here from the Keystone Heights/ Melrose area?

Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.
RC
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »

You've got some good bee people around you. The Alachua bee club is pretty close and is headed up by a great guy. AmericasBeeKeeper is also near by. The Dadant branch is in High Springs. Several beeks around Gainseville, Alachua, High Springs, Jacksonville. SawdustMaker is over there somewhere. You're in good company. Welcome to the addiction.
smoakingun
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:14:08 AM »

I work with sawdustmaker. He's the guy who is sort of mentoring me th_thumbsupup , but he is 90 miles away. Alachua is much closer.

Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 08:36:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum, smoakingun. Having sawdustmaker as a mentor would be good. You may also want to join your local bee club, they can bee a big help too.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 12:25:26 PM »

Well... It's about time you registered Smoak. grin
Welcome to the forum. Hope the weather is clears enough for your inspection this weekend.
Jim
GSF
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »

Welcome and enjoy

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
smoakingun
New Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:48:18 PM »

I registered back in September grin
I also took the chance and inspected the hives today. Cry
one hive looks great, the other doesn't seem to be doing much in the top box.
the local beekeepers club meets later this month, I will be at that meeting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next