Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 27, 2014, 07:12:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Blackout  (Read 766 times)
GSF
Super Bee

« on: October 30, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »

Did anyone see "American Blackout" on NatGeo?

Notice anything stupid?

or smart?

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:31:43 PM »

Okay me first,

When the kids got out of the elevator why didn't they take the stair case down instead of running to the window ledge and calling for help?

John Wayne
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »

i missed it.  darn. meant to watch.  wonder if it will be on again?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »

I think it's been on a couple of times since I've posted. If you've never tried to think something like this through it would be a good one to watch. Otherwise you'll find yourself saying, "you're kidding?"

An example, a cute gal was in her blacked out apartment building. She heard some noise coming from the stairs so she went to check it out - wrong answer.

John Wayne
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »

She heard some noise coming from the stairs so she went to check it out - wrong answer.

don't they always do that though?  that's what makes for a good 'B' horror movie!

I read One Second After when it came out.  it was not a literary masterpiece, but it was a very good read.  have to admit, there were things in there that i had not though of.  + it sounded like my little town.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 07:25:12 AM »

My (former) supervisor was raised up around that neck of the woods, Black Mountain, NC if I remember right. I been aiming to buy that book and give it to her.

John Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next