Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 03:16:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching the RATS abandoning the sinking ship  (Read 1036 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: October 30, 2013, 07:36:53 PM »

As much as anyone would love all Americans to have healthcare, it's a nice "thought" that it should be a "Right". But since the sneaky leftists sole-handedly passed Obamacare in the shroud of darkness, on what many believe a holy night (and of course without a single vote from the right) I have a warm and fuzzy feeling watching the Liberal news media now TRASH the failure of Obamacare from the failed and even virus-ridden online sign-up debacle, which Obama had 5 years to prepare for, to the shocking 2 million plus people who have lost their healthcare compared to the 700 thousand who have signed up. Fine job Mr. President.

American's are paying for this in too many ways, the cost is one issue - which Obama said would not cost a single penny, to the loss of existing healthcare plans. I'm sorry, since a guy who doesn't need prenatal care, or many of the other bullet-points that disqualify existing healthcare plans - note, I have what is called a Cadillac Plan, so I'll be TAXED additionally for the privilege of having an existing plan, but weren't we promised that if we liked our existing plan we could keep it? But obviously not if it is trashed by the very healthcare system that promises to huddle our sickly and huddled masses.

My only point, CNN, MSNBC and other media that sucks the teat of the Liberal breast is spitting out the milk because 1) it is sour and 2) they are not so foolish to stand behind a red herring 3) they know you can only put so much lipstick on a pig.

When Obama loses the leftist media, it may be in for a penny, in for a pound and FINALLY they may see this emperor does not wear the golden fleece and isn't the great white hope (figuratively speaking of course) that the 49%ers and the news channels that feed them the cool-aid thought he was.

I wish everyone could walk into a doctor, get all tests needed and all the medical care they needed in a swift, preventative and corrective way, but I don't see moving one step forward and 4 steps back as a way to get there.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »

it is momentarily gratifying  grin

as soon as it is declared a failure and obama and co. suggest that the fix is single payer, they'll all be right back on the ship bailing and patching.  in fact, if one were cynical enough, one might think that they are playing this up so that the failure can be declared more quickly.....

i watched a bit of the hearing today.  i am always struck by the fact that the far leftists types, and she is one, are so willing to fall on the sword for the cause.  nothing matters to them but the end result.  that's why obama can lie, she can turn out a crappy product, those liberals in congress can still defend it, and no one really seems to concerned because none of this matters to them.  they have an end goal and everything in between in white noise, or minor inconvenience  to them.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
RudyT
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »

Our political system is poor at transparently addressing the issues...
a) Who is covered?
b) What is covered?
c) How much will we pay for procedure X or health result Y?
d) Who pays?

The ACA unfortunately tried to address (a), although is predicted to insure only 1/3 of persons currently uninsured.
Worse, ACA did not address (c) and partially addressed (b),primarily by requiring more coverage.
Worst, ACA tried to hide the answer to (d).  All insured persons are paying extra taxes, collected through their insurance company because Congress did not want to "raise taxes."   And the premium rating rules radically increased costs for persons with Individual insurance, especially the young and healthy -- in order to lower rates for Individuals with serious health conditions/expenses.   The problem of course is that the young and healthy may choose to pay a small penalty instead of paying excessively high rates to subsidize the older and sicker.  The results are predictable:  New York and Maine already had their own state-level "reform" which drove up premium rates while increasing the number of uninsured.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 12:13:20 PM »

I wouldn't bet the farm that the Liberal media is jumping ship. The left is far ahead of the American people and everything they do has a purpose.
Besides if they did Obama would sic the IRS or the NSA or the DOJ on em like he did the FOX news guy and the contributors to the Romney campaign and they know that.
10framer
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 11:49:06 PM »

nora o'donell used to get starry eyed if she heard obama's name.  i've seen her rip obamacare twice this week. 
what a shame that the extremists in the tea party couldn't just sit back and let this implode and then strike.  instead they had to force their hand with the government shut down (and got nowhere) and let the sheep that make up the majority of the populace decide once again that republicans are all bad people. 
the obama administration has stepped on it's own ****er several times and the tea party has been too short sighted to take advantage.  after all this we will still have another clinton in office soon and the tea party has paved the way for her.
what amazes me is how little obama seems to know about anything and how acceptable that seems to be.
kathyp is right, the media will be right back on board in a few weeks.   

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »

First, the tea party is not made up of extremists.  second
instead they had to force their hand with the government shut down (and got nowhere)
  wrong again.  what they asked for, they will probably end up getting because this web site is not going to be ready by the end of the month...thus proving them right to have asked for the delay.

it is amazing to me that we have gotten to the point where people are demonized when they stand up for constitutional principles.  if anything, it is those of you who won't who have brought us to where we are.  ohhhh, don't say or do anything! you might make somebody mad and then they won't vote for you.  a nation of cowards and wimps.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »

As I seem to recall, the House sent several spending bills to the Senate. The Senate and President are the ones that would not sign even the parts they agreed on and come back and work on what they wanted. Seems they wanted everything or nothing. Who really held America hostage?
And that hand is quite overplayed too. Personally I think if this happened more often we could start weeding out the non essentials. I think we should bring many of these spending items out one at a time rather than throw them all in one package so everyone gets something. This is how pork spending proliferates.
Each spending bill should be considered on it's merits rather than whats attached to it.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »

in truth, there should not be any of these CRs.  if the senate had done it's job, we'd have budgets from year to year.  we have not had one since obama took office.  there is a reason for that and buzzbee hit part of it.  it's far easier to slip funding for crap into CRs every few months than into an annual budget. 

if not for the sequester cuts, the "stimulus" spending would have continued unabated.  even though they have done their best to hurt the public and workers with the sequester cuts, they have made a very small dent in our spending.  not only do they need to continue, but they need to be expanded.  i agree with those who say that cutting spending the 2008 levels would be a good step.  austerity is not a dirty word.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next