Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 23, 2014, 10:48:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: build vs buy used  (Read 2154 times)
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »

I use a push stick doing that on the last few to try to keep all my remaining fingers attached.

OM,
Quite impressive, but I must confess, I had to chuckle a bit when I got to the "all my 'remaining' fingers" comment.  Sorry!  Wink
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:26:56 PM by Moots » Logged

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
OldMech
House Bee

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »

I use a push stick doing that on the last few to try to keep all my remaining fingers attached.

OM,
Quite impressive, but I must confess, I had to chuckle a bit when I got the the "all my 'remaining' fingers" comment.  Sorry!  Wink

LOL.. HATER!!!!

39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.
o.molchanov
New Bee

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 03:44:20 PM »

so i've been reading different posts about different materials to use to build your own hive box etc.  so my question is for those that have done that - do you have a total cost for building your own box?  maybe even a time estimate?  trying to figure out if i want to build, or buy used boxes off craigslist.
thanks

Nice question. First of all, let me ask about your beekeeping experience. If you have enough, it is possible to think about the building. Then the time for that is also important, approximately you will need a 1.5 week to cover all technology process. What about price, the approximate estimation for building 3-hull hive is +/-$80 here.

Regarding materials: traditionally wood, but you can try your hand in building Styrofoam boxes.
Feel free to ask me about this theme in private messages.   

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next