Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 02:31:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another incomplete story in the MSM  (Read 560 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: October 19, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »

This is just another illustration of Fed employees at the teat of the taxpayers.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/18/WaPo-laments-furloughed-worker
If these employees deserve  a paycheck for time spent not working, deduct it from their paid vacation.
My thought is if a furloughed employee gets backpay for time off, is it not reasonable for us to expect them to work through the period and get paid when the budget is passed?
If they are non essential in a budget impasse, most likely they are non essential  the rest of the time.
Why do we hire non essential people anyway. Seems like a description of the problem to me.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »

not only that, but they were eligible for unemployment.  we don't know how many applied and collected.

i have a small amount of sympathy for them as they were not responsible for not being at work, but agree that if they were found to be non-essential, they should go....or at least the work force should be reduced through attrition. 

the federal work force has grown under obama and that's not even counting the people hired to facilitate obamacare.  last numbers i saw did not include the expanded IRS either.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Grandpa Jim
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »

This is the Obomacare cure for LOW BLOOD PRESSURE! And it's FREE!

Being in food service I have to wonder who will GIVE the restaurants, in the areas shut down, their back pay, for their lost income....Oh that's right these are public sector jobs, they have to have their pay, they could not afford a pay cut like that ...it would not be fair!  We (in the private sector) are here to support them....giving them back pay for no work....guaranteeing their pensions, while we are at the mercy of the market.  Soon we will have nothing left to give in taxes....I guess that is when their guarantees will run out.  I don't see how they can squeeze much more out of me.    
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:27:58 PM by Grandpa Jim » Logged
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 02:41:42 AM »

It doesn’t happen very often, but I’m going to have to agree with y’all!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:12:04 AM »

It doesn’t happen very often, but I’m going to have to agree with y’all!

jaw drop

I may have to rethink my position on this!! grin
RC
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:18:48 AM »

BlueBee, you feeling ok?
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 07:25:13 AM »

It goes to show there are some things all of us can agree on.In the budget process, continuing resolutions usually pass the things we agree on and work on the ones we don't.This need to be done long before the deadline.
  And as I said ,this article points to one of the problems that need to be addressed.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »

After so many kicks, anybody will begin to feel the pain.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next