Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 09:44:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Media body count updates  (Read 268 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: October 17, 2013, 09:40:57 AM »

I just spoke with a few of my platoon mates that are still in Afghanistan, and it got me thinking. What happened to the daily body count updates that the MSM used to provide us with? So far this month 7 US soldiers are KIA in Afghanistan 113 so far this year. I remember the newspapers US today and such used to keep a running total in print the national news outlets always mentioned it on the nightly news. I wonder why they quit. Is it because Chicago Jesus has chosen to ignore this war. Is it because he lied about removing the troops and a daily body count would upset his followers? Or is it because the news no longer cares about the soldiers sucking dust everyday? Its usually on the back pages that you find mention of the war. I find it troubling the way the media and this administration treats its soldiers as pawns to be used in a giant game of political chess.

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »

keith, it is an unfortunate fact that the left, which includes the media, does not care about the military.  well, that's not really accurate.  they care about the fact that we have one and that we spend money on it.  they care to use the dead when it is part of their agenda.

do they care if you suck sand and die?  no.  after all, you are a stupid, gun toting, bible thumping, homophobic, read neck.  if you could do something different, you would.  your loss is no loss to the country. 

have you noticed how they are trying to "fix" the military?  after all, we should be in line with the eurpeans and other civilized people, shouldn't we? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
GSF
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »

Yeah, I spent some time over there as well. It sucks. Most miserable time of my life. Nothing like waking up in the night to find out that you and your bed has collected dirt by the handfuls. Nothing like walking a football field's length to the latrine just to pee. Don't get me started..,

Very good point, where is the body count?

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next