Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 09:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Quote of the Decade:  (Read 1720 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »

He does have a way with words...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:41:39 PM »

It is amazing just how hypocritical our president really is.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »

Come on, Bluebee, I'm waiting..........

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »

the best was he clarified his comment the other day stating that he was playing politics in 2008 ( I am looking for the link to this).  blows the mind how big of a deuche this guy is

Keith
oliver
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 07:35:33 AM »

that's before he was king
JPinMO
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »

Come on, Bluebee, I'm waiting..........

<snicker> Me, too; can't wait to see *these* fireworks!

pop

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either. – Albert Einstein
RHBee
Queen Bee

That's my pooch.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 09:18:11 AM »

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

That must be a misquote. That can't be the same man.

Later,
Ray
JPinMO
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 05:58:23 PM »

"America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either. – Albert Einstein
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »

this is just as funny

Harry Reid in '06: Raising debt limit last thing we should do, will weaken country, hurt economy

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Oblio13
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:06:41 PM »

Here are a couple more good quotes:

“No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.” - Barack Hussein Obama

“You’ve heard it here, I’m on television so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people’s lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won’t take your handgun away.” - Barack Hussein Obama
OldMech
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »

Here are a couple more good quotes:

“No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.” - Barack Hussein Obama

“You’ve heard it here, I’m on television so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people’s lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won’t take your handgun away.” - Barack Hussein Obama

Uh huh...  he's not just a politician, hes also a liar.. oh wait.. that goes with being a politician...  hes a worse liar than most politicians.. there...  got it right...
    When he ran.. i thought.. hmmm... I like what he is saying, maybe I will vote Dem this year... so I settled in to do some research...  I had specific goals..  the two quotes above were part of that list...  It only took me about fifteen minutes...   no, it took me about four minutes, the rest of the time I was still digging.. totally amazed that this VERY VERY UN AMERICAN person was running for president???   I said.. phhhhhh  theres no way he will get elected.. youd have to be a blind idiot or as UN American as he is to vote for him....................................

Well.. by golly.. Imagine my surprise....   So much for the America I grew up in, served, and loved.

39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

Well.. by golly.. Imagine my surprise....   So much for the America I grew up in, served, and loved.

OldMech,
It really didn't surprise me when he got elected the first time.  Let's face it, the vast majority of the population are low information voters and aren't willing to invest the 4 minutes of research time that you did.  Smiley  Throw in the MSM running interference for him and the fact that John McCain as a conservative candidate was difficult to get excited about, and you could pretty much see it coming from a mile away.

It wasn't until BO was able to get re-elected that it hit me as to exactly what sad shape this country was in and that the scales had probably tipped.  I'm truly afraid that we are now a Nation with more takers than makers.....More folks worried about FREE STUFF than freedom, and not realizing that it's one or the other, you can't have them both!

iddee....Great quote, although my favorite version of BO on this topic is when he'd take it even further and state that is was ‘irresponsible’ and ‘unpatriotic’ to run up the national debt.

This guy brings hypocrisy and lying to a whole new level!  Sad   His winning reelection is part of the reason I became a beekeeper.  It's just simply to depressing to go home after a hard days work and watch the evening news...

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 06:48:28 AM »

and EXACTLY how many times was the debt ceiling raised during the Bush Administration? < this is a question, so do you at least have a guess or an answer?Huh

seems none of the 'real conservatives' here now believe Dick Cheney own words that 'the national debt doesn't really matter'. < of course this was a line who's primary intention was to sell you on the Iraq War which I am guessing many here never even questioned at the time it was uttered.  being that all you fine conservatives and believe in personal responsibility.... can I depend on any or all of you to pay for my portion of the national debt associated with the Iraq War?

I myself don't know (don't have the evidence... which would be a series of balance sheet and flow of funds statement) if the debt matters or not? 

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 11:59:56 AM »

and EXACTLY how many times was the debt ceiling raised during the Bush Administration? < this is a question, so do you at least have a guess or an answer?Huh

seems none of the 'real conservatives' here now believe Dick Cheney own words that 'the national debt doesn't really matter'. < of course this was a line who's primary intention was to sell you on the Iraq War which I am guessing many here never even questioned at the time it was uttered.  being that all you fine conservatives and believe in personal responsibility.... can I depend on any or all of you to pay for my portion of the national debt associated with the Iraq War?

I myself don't know (don't have the evidence... which would be a series of balance sheet and flow of funds statement) if the debt matters or not?  

tecumseh,
Obviously....Politically, we have different leanings and views, which as you correctly imply, slants how people tend to look at any given situation....Human nature, nothing new there!

So, lets take the subjective-ness out of the National Debt argument and look at it objectively....Simply put, NUMBERS DON'T LIE!

George W Bush was inaugurated President on 1/20/2001 and remained President until 1/20/2009...
During his Presidency the National debt rose from $5,727,776,738,304.64 to $10,626,877,048,913.00, a total of $4,899,100,310,608.36

OR $1,676,625,705.20 a DAY for his 2,922 days as President!

Barrack Obama was inaugurated President on 1/20/2009...
Thus far, during his Presidency, the National dept has risen from $10,626,877,048,913.00 to $17,151,627,467,959.50, a total of $6,524,750,419,046.50

OR $3,711,462,126.88 a DAY for his 1,758 days as President

That's more than DOUBLING the rate of growth of the National Debt when you compare GW's Presidency to BO's...IT'S AN INCREASE OF 121 PERCENT, to be exact!!!

Yet...You and the other BO apologist want to gloss over it like it's no big deal, nothing new, and Standard Operating Procedure!....SORRY, but the numbers say otherwise!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »

whether or not debt matters very much depends on the circumstances, doesn't it?

if i make 10,000 dollars a year and am in debt 1000 dollars, my circumstances are not the same as if i made 50,000 and year and had the same debt.  we are currently at about 75% of GDP in debt.  that's only calculating outside debt,  bond holders, etc.  that's not calculating entitlements, which are an obligation, or the rising cost of our newest entitlement, obama care.  it's also not calculating the debts of the states, now slated to rise with obama care Medicaid expansions. 

could you run your household and meet any disaster, attacks, etc. with that slim a margin and the entitlement debt coming?  don't think i could and i'm pretty good with money.

so yeah, bush spent.  how does that have anything to do with what this guy has done?  or is it still all bush's fault?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 08:11:05 AM »

moot writes..
Obviously....Politically, we have different leanings and views, which as you correctly imply, slants how people tend to look at any given situation....Human nature, nothing new there!

tecumseh...
I think you are correct here in that none of us learn the same lessons or are born and reared in the same isolate physical location.  human nature is human nature and any economic or political system that does not recognize this will eventually collapse (sooner than later I suspect).

another moot snip..

George W Bush was inaugurated President on 1/20/2001 and remained President until 1/20/2009...
During his Presidency the National debt rose from $5,727,776,738,304.64 to $10,626,877,048,913.00, a total of $4,899,100,310,608.36

Thus far, during his Presidency, the National dept has risen from $10,626,877,048,913.00 to $17,151,627,467,959.50, a total of $6,524,750,419,046.50

That's more than DOUBLING the rate of growth of the National Debt when you compare GW's Presidency to BO's...IT'S AN INCREASE OF 121 PERCENT, to be exact!!!

tecumseh...
I am assuming you numbers are correct* (which is to say I don't absolutely know for certain, but they look approximately correct to me).  you over arching conclusion is however subject to question....

*there is a large difference between growth rate and rate of growth as far as economic analysis is concern <not really all that important but sometimes words and terms do matter (pretty much the same idea as the difference between square miles and miles square).  so to examine rate of growth you would need to compare number of the Bush presidency with those of the Clinton presidency.

another snip...
NUMBERS DON'T LIE!

tecumseh....
numbers may not lie but without a doubt you do have to place these in context.  first thing I would want to know is if the numerous 'off budget' items in the Bush Administration are include in these numbers < a trillion dollar war here and another trillion dollar war there pretty soon adds up to real money.  then of course (and the first thing any economist would do is to 'level' the numbers for inflation.  I would also suggest that how or what you spend the money on (I don't think this much matter whether you are talking about an individual or a political entity) does matter < I have long suspect that at the end of the day this actually matter more than any other singular factor.

at one time having been a banker (I do much prefer being a beekeeper) I will also suggest to you the numbers you provided really don't mean much if you are looking at this in a cold hard financial/economic sense.  which is to say some people borrow large sums of money and do quite well while others borrow just a little and suffer greatly for this decision.  when I crunch numbers long ago for folks that borrow large sums of money really the two types of financial documents that you needed to determine a credit worthy client was (typically a series of) yearly balance sheets and cash flow statements.  how much their debt commitments rose or fell in any one year or series of years really had little to do with the analysis < over a bit longer time frame this would suggest how capable an individual was to handle debt.

so I am not arguing with your numbers but using the proper number and then how you crunch these numbers does make a great deal of difference in final outcome. 

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »

another moot snip..

tecumseh...
I am assuming you numbers are correct* (which is to say I don't absolutely know for certain, but they look approximately correct to me).  you over arching conclusion is however subject to question....

Tec,
Appreciate your defining what "assuming" means...WOW!  I was almost stumped there.  laugh

Feel free to verify that my numbers are correct!  Link to Treasury Direct dot gov

*there is a large difference between growth rate and rate of growth as far as economic analysis is concern <not really all that important but sometimes words and terms do matter (pretty much the same idea as the difference between square miles and miles square).  so to examine rate of growth you would need to compare number of the Bush presidency with those of the Clinton presidency.

another snip...
NUMBERS DON'T LIE!

tecumseh....
numbers may not lie but without a doubt you do have to place these in context.  first thing I would want to know is if the numerous 'off budget' items in the Bush Administration are include in these numbers < a trillion dollar war here and another trillion dollar war there pretty soon adds up to real money.  then of course (and the first thing any economist would do is to 'level' the numbers for inflation.  I would also suggest that how or what you spend the money on (I don't think this much matter whether you are talking about an individual or a political entity) does matter < I have long suspect that at the end of the day this actually matter more than any other singular factor.

at one time having been a banker (I do much prefer being a beekeeper) I will also suggest to you the numbers you provided really don't mean much if you are looking at this in a cold hard financial/economic sense.  which is to say some people borrow large sums of money and do quite well while others borrow just a little and suffer greatly for this decision.  when I crunch numbers long ago for folks that borrow large sums of money really the two types of financial documents that you needed to determine a credit worthy client was (typically a series of) yearly balance sheets and cash flow statements.  how much their debt commitments rose or fell in any one year or series of years really had little to do with the analysis < over a bit longer time frame this would suggest how capable an individual was to handle debt.

so I am not arguing with your numbers but using the proper number and then how you crunch these numbers does make a great deal of difference in final outcome. 

Tec,
You're not arguing with the numbers....b/c you can't.  So instead we get a bunch of pontificating, double speak, and Clintonian, "it depends what the meaning of 'is' is" style arguments!

Stop trying to over complicate it and being an apologist for BO. 

As a Senator and candidate for President he railed against raising the debt limit.....FACT! (see quote in OP).

He called George Bush unpatriotic and irresponsible for "running up" the National debt....FACT!

Under his administration and, dare I say, "leadership".....the National debt has ballooned out of control like no other time in this Nation's history...How ever you want to look at it and crunch it, Hard numbers, percent of GDP, etc. etc.  IT'S A FACT!

It is what it is!  But by all means, keep your rose colored glasses on and keep telling yourself how wonderful BO is.....I wouldn't want a little thing like FACTS to tarnish your fantasy.

- Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 06:44:40 AM »

lau  Of course you all realize that Obama was/is just a 'ringer' for the (real) elite, right?  His proper title s/b "Manager of the status quo"

He was 'hand-picked' no less so than the other knucklehead  cool

These goofy debates (?) that simply cherry pick the 'goods that feel right' are of little use in the real world.  They solve nothing.  Once the finger pointing begins its all over, meaningful dialogue goes out the window, sides are drawn and the Elite are satisfied they don't have to worry about "the PEOPLE" going on a rampage for another day……..its all so very predictable. 

You know; divide and conquer.  The elite being the dividers (w/help from the fools and tools), 'we the people' the conquered.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 07:14:28 AM »

Careful, there, Tbeek. You're starting to make sense.   laugh

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next