Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 05:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WELL... It's time for a handgun - I need your input.  (Read 13536 times)
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »

Shotgun Barrels are minimum length of 16 inches arent they?  They used to be, I cut a lot of them to 16.5...   
Rifles are 16", Shotguns are 18". I hope you just mistyped, and didn't mis-cut. Cheesy

People talk about capacity, but I have to tell you, if you have to expend more than two or three rounds you ARE in trouble...
Per assailant, that's true.

A human is not an animal. Getting shot tends to change the mind of pretty much anyone in a dramatic way, UNLESS the person being shot is drugged in some way. Adrenalin, mixed with some drugs can do amazing things. Perpetrators never even KNOWING they have been shot with a smaller cal as an example.
Yep.

Have a dog, even if its a small one, and DONT, let it sleep in the bed with you. It stays in the living room, and WILL give you warning and wake you up, often allowing you the time you need to be prepared to defend.

The reality of someone breaking into your house, is that they will likely NOT be kicking the door in. They will carefully break a window, jimmy the lock etc.. and you will have NO idea they are there until it is too late unless you sleep with your gun under your pillow, locked and loaded.
A large outside dog has helped as well.

Many laws now, DEMAND that you keep your guns in a safe, WITH a trigger lock of some type, and that defeats the entire purpose of owning the gun in the first place. if you have to open the safe, and remove the trigger lock, your already dead.
Might as well keep a rock handy.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
OldMech
House Bee

« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »

thats right... 18 inch inside measurement and 26 inch overall...    its only been 11 years since I sold all my stuff. Thanks for the correction Vibe.

39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

Oct. 10, 2013 - a step forward!

Just spoke with the Detective who processes firearms licensing in my municipality, she told me my folder has moved to final processing which means it is in a pile of 15 applications which will be processed. She said it still could be a month or longer, but it is a real step in the right direction.

As long as it is out of her file Cabinet, I'm happy. It's sad o think into month 5 that I would be tickled at the progress, but Christmas 2013 may indeed have a special gift under the tree!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2013, 09:02:17 PM »

Dang! I remember when I got my permit. I went to the deputy (who had arrested me before as a teen) and asked him to help me get a permit. Took no longer than 15 minutes.

We had a guy transfer to our guard unit (full time position). He mentioned in conversation that he wished he could get a permit. I said I'm headed over there to do a background check on someone going into the arms room - come with me. I stepped into the Sherriff's office and asked if he could approve this application - give it here - $20 later the boy had a permit.

I couldn't do that now - I don't know anyone and probably a lot of new rules as well.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next