Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 08:52:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiscally Responsible  (Read 1697 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: October 07, 2013, 01:55:09 AM »

We know how so many beeks think the Republicans are fiscally responsible, but do you seriously think it is responsible to bring the country to the brink of default as Boehner is doing?  Boehner and his followers are holding the entire country hostage unless we give into THEIR demands.  Sounds like terrorists to me.  What a way to govern. 

They’re playing with fire and God only knows what might happen in the event of a default.  That could be the trigger for the hyperinflation beeks seem to fear so much.  I don’t think I would want to be holding a lot of dollars or even stocks right now.  What happened to the bonds and stocks in the “old” GM again?  What are those pieces of paper worth now?
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:09:03 AM »

Good Morning, Mr. Troll. 3 or more bills passed and sent to the senate and Reid refused them all, and you blame Boehner. We all know you can't possibly believe that junk, but it may get coffee house back active. It has been slow lately.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »

Hey iddee,
While I sympathize with Blue in regards to the lack of traffic on the board as of late, he really needs to work on not telegraphing his trolling attempts quite so much.   grin
I mean OP, right out the gate and he jumped the name calling straight up to "Terrorist"....and still no bites...WOW!  Things really are slow. lau
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:56:15 AM by Moots » Logged

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »

Now you're getting the idea, moots. Most all of his posts should be moved to the humor forum.I've been laughing at them for years.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »

i know that blue is trolling, but a lot of leftists believe that stuff.  Lew was hitting the sunday shows spewing his crap and the only place he didn't get away with it was on fox.  Wallace nailed him and got him to back off that default crap.

at this point, i don't care.  it may take a real crash to fix what this idiot has done.  + now there are credible sources calling for him to ignore congress and just raise the debt ceiling himself.  last time, it was just some fringe nuts.  that would indeed precipitate and constitutional crisis....which again, we may need to fix things.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

Hey Blue we all know you don't really believe what you said. So lets talk about something that is serious.
Obama in his attempt to make people suffer because of the Govt. shutdown has forbade military Chaplains from doing what they do. Such as have worship services, baptizing people, praying with people, ect. Obama said they would be put in jail if they did these things even though they said they would work for free.
What do you Blue the Liberal Moderate think about this lose of freedom?
itsme
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »

The whole situation we are in these days really makes me want to just barf and hope it all goes away the way it came.

I know that won't happen.  I am not sure how things will finally unfold.  One thing is for certain - we cannot continue on our current trajectory.

When will history teach us?Huh

Bill Thomas
In Missouri
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »

When will history teach us?

it has.  we saw this coming.  we just couldn't stop it.  i have a far greater understanding of what happened to Germany in the 20's and 30's.  guess that's something.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »

We know how so many beeks think the Republicans are fiscally responsible, but do you seriously think it is responsible to bring the country to the brink of default as Boehner is doing?  Boehner and his followers are holding the entire country hostage unless we give into THEIR demands.  Sounds like terrorists to me.  What a way to govern. 

They’re playing with fire and God only knows what might happen in the event of a default.  That could be the trigger for the hyperinflation beeks seem to fear so much.  I don’t think I would want to be holding a lot of dollars or even stocks right now.  What happened to the bonds and stocks in the “old” GM again?  What are those pieces of paper worth now?

Hey Blue, Just wanted to let you know - today I received my Fiscal Cliff Survival Pack from the White House.

It contains a
 torn parachute, an ‘Obama Hope & Change’ bumper sticker, a ‘Bush’s Fault’ yard sign, a ‘Blame Boehner’ poster, a 'Tax the Rich' banner, an application for unemployment, an application for food stamps, a prayer rug, a letter of assignation of debt to my grandchildren, and if that was not enough, there was a discount coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ***. Everything was “Made in China" and all directions were in Spanish.

Keep an eye out. Yours should arrive soon.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »

i got a better one.  mine also had an application for disability payments!

evil lau

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »

What?? You didn't get the free phone in yours. The postal employee must have swiped it before he got to your house.

*Shel Silverstein*
itsme
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 07:50:36 AM »

Our post office abruptly closed in a town of about 900 people.  It seems to be local politics at work where someone was trying to get a different contractor in place of the old one that had been running it for something like 20 years.  The term "kickback" comes to mind.

We're finally getting mail delivered to po boxes in town but have to drive another 40 minutes one way to get packages.  Where in the Constitution does it say that there shall be no competition for first class mail to the U. S. postal service?  Fedex and UPS bring stuff right to us.

Anyone familiar with Lysander Spooner?  He made some neat contributions to the effort of freedom back in the 1800s.  One effort was to start a competing postal service which forced the US postal service to lower rates!  He was finally driven out of this business through the practically unlimited funds of the collective being used against him in the form of lawsuits.

There really are answers to so many of our problems.  There are so many people in so many places trying to take advantage for their own personal gain.  This makes me think our problems all stem from a lack of morals.

10framer
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »

does anyone know of anyone that has been able to get signed up for the affordable health care yet?  hmmmm.....  seems like they could have gotten the website ready over the last few years. 
blue, can you tell me what this 900 plus page law says?  i know it actually does some amount of good.  no pre-existing conditions, letting people keep their kids on their policies longer, and there are people out there that want insurance that don't have it.  but i just said all that in a few lines, what evil is buried in the rest of that law?
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »

does anyone know of anyone that has been able to get signed up for the affordable health care yet?  hmmmm.....  seems like they could have gotten the website ready over the last few years.  
blue, can you tell me what this 900 plus page law says?  i know it actually does some amount of good.  no pre-existing conditions, letting people keep their kids on their policies longer, and there are people out there that want insurance that don't have it.  but i just said all that in a few lines, what evil is buried in the rest of that law?

10framer,
I'm afraid I'll even have to take issue with the "some amount of good" argument in favor of ObamaCare.  While the examples you sight "sound good" there's no such thing as a free lunch...The Government can't give anyone anything without first taking it from someone else.  

For example, while the concept of not allowing insurance companies to exclude pre-existing conditions sounds like a wonderful idea.  It defies all logic in trying to get people to buy and carry health insurance.  Why should an individual now spend his hard earned money, year in and year out, carrying health insurance to protect himself just in case he may need it one day....When now, he can save all that money and simply wait till if and when he every may need it.  Simply put...Don't waist your money on insurance, if one day you should have an accident and fall down a set of stairs, simply call an insurance company from the bottom of the stairs and sign up, they can't say no!....BAM!  You're covered....Just like magic!  grin

What do you think extending that kind of wide open benefit to everyone is going to do to your and my health insurance premiums in the years to come.  huh
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:33:03 PM by Moots » Logged

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
10framer
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »

mots part of the law is that it requires everyone to get insurance.  that's the part i don't like.  big brother is overstepping his boundaries.  sadly, there are plenty of people that want to be told what to do.
it's in the news today that the whitehouse was waned that the website wasn't ready and did nothing about it.  ironically it's ademocrat and a bunch of insurance companies saying that they tried to warn them.
if obama wants to make health care affordable he needs to be regulating the drug companies and medical professionals not the average citizen.  unfortunately obama wants to spoon feed the poor at the expense of the midle class to insure that any go-getters don't get ahead and compete with him and any of the other already wealthy people.
he is doing the very things he accuses the republicans of.  both sides are crooked and self serving.  the libertarians have the right idea.  anybody that wants to see a change needs to be supporting 3rd party candidates.  even if they don't get elected you can bet that when the people in power start feeling a little pressure from the voters they'll start doing their jobs.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »

mots part of the law is that it requires everyone to get insurance.

...Or pay a fine/tax/penalty!  Which will be less then the cost of the insurance, therefore MANY will choose not to participate, therefore IT WON'T WORK!

if obama wants to make health care affordable he needs to be regulating the drug companies and medical professionals not the average citizen.  

NO...If they want healthcare to work, Government needs to get the hell out of the way and let the free market work.

anybody that wants to see a change needs to be supporting 3rd party candidates.  even if they don't get elected

Like it or not, America is a two party system and will remain that for at least all of our lives...Nothing pees me off more than folks thinking they're being principled and voting for someone who doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell to get elected thereby helping the lesser candidate win the election.  It's my opinion that as a responsible citizen you should vote for the MOST QUALIFIED candidate, THAT HAS A CHANCE TO WIN, anything else is a wasted vote.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:32:13 PM by Moots » Logged

- Ronald Reagan
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »

It's too bad people result to name calling. I would never let my kids behave that way
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

From the guy whose been called about every name there is on here....I agree with you!

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »

darlin', who calls  you names?  i can't believe it.  evil

moots pretty much covered it.  there are any number of things that can be done to make health care more affordable, but that does not mean that everyone will be covered or be able to afford it.  it's an old problem.  that's why ben franklin supported that charity hospital.  no one, and certainly not the government, can create or guarantee equality as an end result....never have, never will. 

we have equal opportunity under our laws, but outcome depends on us....and circumstances.   

Alexis de Tocqueville
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »

From the guy whose been called about every name there is on here....I agree with you!
cry cry cry

From the man that wrote the OP of this thread and started the conversation off by calling Republicans "terrorists"...To now whine and cry about name calling before the thread even hits a second page....lau

Are you KIDDING ME?  You just have to LOVE the irony of "Blue"....I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!

- Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next