Thank you everyone for the responses. I did exactly what was suggested - put it in an otherwise weak hive. Notwithstanding the fact, I don't really have a truly weak hive. This year I started with 3 hives and ended the year with 11 growing the bee yard organically via splits, one trapout, and adding bees from cutouts to the grass infront of the hives so that they join the hives. This year with all the splitting I harvested 19 gallons of honey from the 6 hives that had supers. I didn't think this was too bad given everything the split hives had been through (requeening etc etc).
I learned one very valuable lesson - there was one hive that was not in my bee yard that I couldn't get to easily, meaning I couldn't mess with that one. Well, at the end of the year, it had three full supers that were bulging to the max with honey. Lesson learned: sometimes the hardest thing to do is nothing!!!!
Next year, given I am happy with the number of hives I have currently, I will only maintain and not split the hives like this year.