Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 11:23:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Share your favorite FREE PROGRAMS - Try Hal  (Read 1773 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: January 26, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »

Hi All:

I just posted a link to a program called STAY ON TOP which forces the window of your favorite program to stay on top of all other open windows http://www.download.com/Stay-On-Top/3000-2340_4-10430148.html?tag=lst-0-1 is the link.

If you have any FREE programs that you think the members would love to have, wether it is a utility or game, please post it in this COMPUTER RELATED FORUM.

I'll post one other here which I have mentiomed many times to you HAL the TEXT TO SPEECH READER program. Hal allows you to copy and paste ANY TEXT from a webpage, email, word dock, etc.. and it will read it to you in several voices you can choose from. It doesn't sound like a real person, but if you dont mind a mechanical sounding voice read endless pages of text to you (rather than sit in front of the screen continuously - I tend to listen to Hal while cookng because our main comuter is in a work-station in the kitchen) and for me it is a great time saver.

Here is Hal's Link

Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader - http://www.download.com/Ultra-Hal-Text-to-Speech-Reader/3000-7239_4-10329180.html?tag=lst-0-1

AGAIN - post all the GREAT FREE programs you use and think we could benefit from - thanks.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Present
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:37:27 PM »

The most important IMHO, are:

Firefox, and OpenOffice.org

smiley Mentioned many times on this forum, but Firefox is the most secure, safest, and fastest browser on the web, it is a much needed replacement for Internet Explorer.

smiley OpenOffice.org is an excellent replacement for MS Office.  We have been using it for several years in our business for Spreadsheets and Text documents, and it even supports saving documents to PDF!  Very useful, and FREE!!

I can't imagine using a computer without these two open-source programs.
cheers
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:31:37 PM »

Best program for Windows is TextPad.
It technically is shareware but if you don't buy it, you will get an occasionally nag screen. It is an awesome editor and composer.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next