I had a couple of hives on cotton at one of my friends farm soon after it started blooming. The one hive was doing so good I decided to move my other 3 over there to finish out the season. My question is, should I pull them off before they defoliate the cotton? That will happen about October 15 and I was planning on bringing them back home for the winter. I just don't know if I should wait till they defoliate and the flow tapers off or will it hurt them to take them off of a strong nectar flow like that this late it the year. Will they have a large population built up and then die off or eat up the stores because of lack of nectar?