Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 12:40:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bye Bye Iddee  (Read 982 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: September 21, 2013, 12:49:45 PM »

Sounds like we almost lost the state of North Carolina back in 1961!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2427835/US-detonated-atomic-bomb-North-Carolina-height-Cold-War.html

Oooops…. shocked
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »

First, the safety switches fail, then the activation switch fails. All Union made. I knew those unions had to be good for something.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »

And another example of how much we should trust the "expertise" of a central planning agency(Federal Government".
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »

How close are you to SC?
http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2013/09/20/the-worlds-most-evil-corporation-issues-a-dire-warning-12360/
Senator Warns Of Nuke Strike Amid Missing Nukes
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:47:36 PM »

hjon71

A few years ago I would have said people who put this on the airwaves and people who believe it are a bunch of crazies.

With the times that we are living in, NOTHING is to be ignored. Scary crap, you don't know if it's made up or real.

...Oh yeah, I have had my iodine tablets for a while.  yippie chick

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
RHBee
Queen Bee

That's my pooch.

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 09:08:04 PM »

Well it looks like I might as well kma goodbye. I live about 25 miles from Charleston SC.
Should be a good seat.

Later,
Ray
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 09:18:23 PM »

The big risk and the one we game with homeland and FEMA when we play games, is the dirty bomb.  why?  it's easy.  it doesn't even have to be a good one.  it just has to spread enough contamination to cause mass evacuation, and lot of fear.

There's a huge amount of unaccounted for material especially in the old USSR and some of their testing grounds. there's unexploded ordinance and contaminated material just laying out all over the place.

bring it across either border.  spread it around or blow up a few dozen contaminated smallish bombs and you have evacuated downtown LA,or NY, or......
do it right, and no one goes back in.

then there's the EMP from the rocket fired from a container ship out in the ocean....the diseased vacationers spreading some GM disease around the country.......

but, if you worry about it all, you won't sleep at night.  it's in gods hands...and hopefully some alert security folks.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
RHBee
Queen Bee

That's my pooch.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:09:17 PM »

Kathy's right. It's all in Gods hands. I'm so worried about it I'm going to get some sleep.  Gotta go to work and 0430 comes early.

Later,
Ray
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »

Iddee those switches weren’t made by the Union, they were made by government workers.  Probably collecting a nice big pension check in retirement by now….for all their good work. laugh

Ever see how the UAW used to “fit” doors on a car?  Well, it involved sledge hammers. grin  The bombs would have never made it out the door (without going off) if the UAW was making them.
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »

According to the Bible;

It's all gonna burn anyway.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »

But sometimes it seems our biggest enemy is ourselves Undecided

How do you reckon the politicians would have explained away the loss of the Tarheel state and iddees bees?  Do you think they would ever admit it was due to their own incompetence? 
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »

>Iddee those switches weren’t made by the Union, they were made by government workers.

Government workers do not now, nor have they ever, manufactured anything.  The government buys products from the manufacturers and the government favor ones that use unions.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »

MB, you are going to burst his little fantasy bubble.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »

How about enlightening me about whom pays the bills for the Los Alamos National Laboratory?  If it’s not the Feds paying the salaries of 9000 people, then just what private industry has $2.2 billion of spare change a year to dump into an entity that is not profitable?

This ought to be good!   Beek capitalism theory at it’s best. laugh
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 08:45:33 AM »

>How about enlightening me about whom pays the bills for the Los Alamos National Laboratory?  If it’s not the Feds paying the salaries of 9000 people, then just what private industry has $2.2 billion of spare change a year to dump into an entity that is not profitable?

The Government pays contractor companies to build all of their "stuff".  Most of the people working at most government facilities are what the government calls "contractors" which is to say people who are employed by a contracting company that is contracting with some branch of the U.S. Government.  The Government pays the bills, of course, to the contracting company who pays their employees.  But if the subject is equipment used by the government (e.g. electrical switches) all of that is put out to bid and purchased from the low bidder or it's bought from some company at GSA pricing (avoiding the bid process).  The US government does not manufacture things.  They either buy it "off the shelf", or they contract to have it designed and produced if it's not readily available.  The Government might draw up the specs but they don't even design things, they contract to have that done.  Even the Army Corps of Engineers does not build anything.  They are the general contractors of the US Government.  They might draw up the specs and then they put it out to bid and then they oversee getting it done.  But they do not build things.  In the entire history of the US, they never have.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next