Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 07:05:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bye Bye Coal  (Read 1847 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: September 21, 2013, 12:48:31 PM »

Sounds like Fox and Friends will have a new battle cry for their parrots; trying to blame Obama for getting rid of dirty coal.

http://science.time.com/2013/09/20/its-not-just-obamas-carbon-rules-that-are-killing-coal-its-cheap-gas/?iid=sci-main-lead

They’ll probably also try to insult our intelligence with more “clean coal” non sense!

So are you going to miss coal?
Orlando
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:31:49 PM »

The unemployed coal families who will go belly up thank you.
Orlando
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »

P.s. The greater issue is how out of control the executive branch of government is. Their ability to "regulate" everything undermines checks and balances and strips Congress of law making powers. With the Executive branch able to enact and enforce its own laws, the will of the people is voided. We might as well be subjects with no representative voice in Congress.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 03:40:58 PM »

With the Executive branch able to enact and enforce its own laws, the will of the people is voided. We might as well be subjects with no representative voice in Congress.

exactly.  we have laws made by unelected and unaccountable agencies and no way to address what they have done.  odd that leftists are good with that.

that "clean coal nonsense" as you call it, is a fact.  our coal is cleaner than what much of the world can produce.  we export a great deal of it.  other countries will not stop using coal, they will just buy the dirtier stuff. air pollution is global.  odd that leftists are good with that too....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »

We had a lot of cleanest coal put off limits by no other than Bill Clinton. Obama promised in his campaign to make coal unaffordable. He's trying to make earning a living unaffordable. He is maling health care unaffordable.
I have no problem with the market making the coal less affordable when other energy sources (not funded by taxpayer dollars) come into play. It is a problem if the government overregulation makes the coal more expensive than it's competitors. Government should not select the winners and losers with my money.
I agree,agencies under the executive branch have no authority under the Constitution to pass laws. We need to eeel in all these agencies and make them accountable to the "people" of this country. We can not continue to survive under rule of law mandated by unelected people.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 02:58:07 AM »

The unemployed coal families who will go belly up thank you.
It’s always good to see some compassion from bee keepers. applause 

But where were y’all when the Republicans tried to liquidate and kill the entire American auto industry?  Millions and millions of good jobs.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 03:02:44 AM »

It is a problem if the government overregulation makes the coal more expensive than it's competitors.
That was the point of the article.  It's just cheaper (less labor) to drill a hole in the ground and collect natural gas ($$$) from a pipe than having to send a bunch of people underground to dig everyday.  Actually natural gas would probably be even cheaper without some of the fracking regulations.  Either way, it looks like coal is going bye bye.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »

But where were y’all when the Republicans tried to liquidate and kill the entire American auto industry?

not all of it.  just the part that had bad practices and had run itself broke.  it would not have been the republicans killing it, it would have been the courts, as the law provides, liquidating it.
  if coal had run itself into the ground, rather than this president and his unelected agencies and czars doing it, i'd be for letting them go too. 

do we have in our history another example of an administration intentionally destroying an industry?  can't think of one.  not in this country...Stalin did it in Russia.....

as for your other couple of posts, i can't tell you how impressed i am with your ability to totally miss points.  it's a skill that must take constant practice!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 01:50:06 PM »

do we have in our history another example of an administration intentionally destroying an industry?  can't think of one.  not in this country...Stalin did it in Russia.....
What ever happened to typewriters during the Reagan administration? 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 02:28:50 PM »

are you trying to say the the federal government under Reagan destroyed the typewriter industry?  surely that is not your point.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 03:37:53 PM »

>the Republicans tried to liquidate and kill the entire American auto industry?  Millions and millions of good jobs.

And you actually believe that don't you... so instead they stole my money and favored one particular industry in favor or others (with my money) and bought out all of the supply of my cars (used ones that are cheap) and destroyed them.  Oh wait, they bought them with MY money and destroyed them... I'd be upset if they destroyed them with YOUR money, but it's even worse...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Orlando
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 09:06:37 PM »

It’s always good to see some compassion from bee keepers. applause 

But where were y’all when the Republicans tried to liquidate and kill the entire American auto industry?  Millions and millions of good jobs.
[/quote]

The auto companies doing the best did Not take tax dollar handouts (otherwise known as the peoples money)..i.e. Ford, Toyota. And no...Republicans did not try and kill that industry...get some facts as opposed to idealogical talking points spoon fed by media.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 08:12:50 PM »

The auto companies doing the best deserved to survive. Those that were poorly manged deserved to fail. Why should my money support a company with a failed business plan? As posted above,why does government decide who gets to fail and who does not.
I work for a small business and can't imagine Uncle Sam bailing this business if the owner fails.
Fracking is not "cheap'. It involves much more than a drill bit and a hole in the ground. It requires a very deep hole far below the shale deposits,then lateral drilling(can you say expensive) hauling millions of gallons of water to remote locations to frac the holes,reclaiming the water and sands injected down the holes and cleaning up the mess when they are done. Not to mention the miles and miles of collection pipes to gather from a large area of cheap holes to pipe it to the distribution systems.And if it does knock out coal it will be our next "dirty" enemy to be regulated and priced into oblivion.
But ,hey if the consumers would rather take food off the table to pay the ever more expensive light bill, I guess thatts okay.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:24:21 PM by buzzbee » Logged
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

The auto companies doing the best deserved to survive.
LOL, I guess Fox News didn’t tell y’all that GM regained the number 1 auto company in 2010 and 2011. laugh

By your own logic, it looks our man Obama was right again.  Give some credit where credit is do. applause     
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

But ,hey if the consumers would rather take food off the table to pay the ever more expensive light bill, I guess thatts okay.

How many times do we have to repeat that the cost of electricity is NOT skyrocketing?  Aren’t beeks reading their electric bills huh  According to the EIA, the cost per residential Kilowatt hour in the USA is only 12.61 cents on average.  Even in inflation soaked PA, its only 13.11 cents per kilowatt hour.  Sorry, but the DATA doesn’t lie. Sad

http://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.cfm?t=epmt_5_6_a

As for taking food off the table to pay an ever more expensive light bill, that is total fiction unless you’re still running banned incandescent light bulbs.  LEDs and CFL only consume about ¼ as much electricity per lumen of light generated as compared to incandescent bulbs.   So most of us are enjoying our lighting bills cut by 75%.  Same amount of light, just 25% of the cost.  More food, more light, and more money in our pockets.  It’s all good. applause
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »

>LOL, I guess Fox News didn’t tell y’all that GM regained the number 1 auto company in 2010 and 2011.

With my money...

>How many times do we have to repeat that the cost of electricity is NOT skyrocketing?

Until mine stops skyrocketing?

>Aren’t beeks reading their electric bills

How can I not.  I have to pay it every month...

>According to the EIA, the cost per residential Kilowatt hour in the USA is only 12.61 cents on average.  Even in inflation soaked PA, its only 13.11 cents per kilowatt hour.

Maybe I need to send my electric bill to the EIA.

>Sorry, but the DATA doesn’t lie.

But your data is not my electric bill...

Looks like mine is up to 13.6¢ per kwh.  Oh but wait, they are burning cheap coal to get that...

Michael Bush
-------------------
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:53 AM »

+ your curly cue bulbs cost way more and they don't last long enough to offset the extra cost.  another lie told by the government....

and then there's that whole hazardous waste disposal problem with them, but destroying the earth is ok when it  fits the agenda........

oh yeah, you have to leave them on all the time or you have to wait for them to warm up if you want to see anything.  guess what most people do?  can't think that all those lights being left on all the time is saving the environment much.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »

I've bought a lot of five year bulbs that lasted at least that long, but they were incandescent.  The regular ones are short lived ones but that's the fault of the manufactures, not the basic design.  I've used the florescents for decades but none of them have lasted that long.  Some of them quit in the first week...

I also find it irritating to flip the switch and for a second I think the bulb burned out... then it comes on...  I used to mix them with a florescent and an incandescent in the same lamp.  That way it turns on when I turn it on, and the florescent comes on after.  Dimmers don't work on the florescents...  Somehow people seem to be under the impression that incandescent bulbs were banned.  I buy them all the time... how are the banned?

The latest irritating "ban" is gas cans.  I have to buy a gas can (at triple the price) and then throw away the newly mandated filler (very complicated expensive, nonworking POC), and then either jury rig or buy a replacement ($13 for a real spout).  I just bought two diesel cans and messed my back up totally waiting for the diesel to come out of the can into the tractor.  I was buying some fittings and hoses to fix it when I found the "kit" that would fix it for me.  Now I can empty the diesel can into the tractor in less than 60 seconds.  I bet it took ten minutes of me standing awkwardly on the side of the tractor, bent over holding up five gallons of fuel...

Who comes up with this crap!  Why do they make me fix it so it will work, or have to hunt to buy what I need?

I will have to fix every fuel can so it will work from now on, so I will try never to buy one again.

Michael Bush
-------------------
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 02:14:24 PM »

With all the rivers, hills, and lakes in Alabama we have a ton of hydro dams. We are also "told" that we have some of the cheapest electricity in the nation. Heck, I wouldn't know, I don't buy electricity outside of Alabama. Electricity is one of the things that Alabama "exports".

I am with yall about the uselessness of the bulbs. Too high, too dim, and you can just about count the times you cut it on before it blows.

Michael, my wife has her own lawn cutting business. We were having a time with the red plastic jugs loosing their caps. Recently we've made a wonderful discovery. Go somewhere like Hobby Lobby and but the tapered corks - made out of corks. I taper them some more on my grinding rock. They are excellent plugs for the nozzles. No leaks when done right.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »

When will the fantasies end?CFL are not cheap. They cost more to purchase,they do not last near as long as they claim,and to boot are a hazard to the environment.
 Have you ever turned on one of these CFL lamps in an outdoor fixture in cold weather? Better lighting my patootie. The sun would be back up before the lamp came any where near it's luminescent "equivalent".
 The cost of regulations to come have not yet been factored into the bills. When new plants have to be built because old plants cannot possibly comply, by design I might add, the costs will be passed onto the consumer.Just imagine what will happen if the current power plant owners decide to find a better place to invest their money. Perhaps we will have fewer power generation facilities.
Of course nothing to keep a president from forciing investors to do as he says via executive order.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next