Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 11:28:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sometimes the best ideas are the oldest.  (Read 394 times)
hjon71
Field Bee

« on: September 18, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »

Remember when States could nullify unconstitutional mandates from the Federal government?
Me neither, but it used to happen and could again if more people knew it was a REAL option.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/09/17/constitution-day-learn-enforce/#.UjmrNno1j2U

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »

>Remember when States could nullify unconstitutional mandates...

Looks to me like they still are.  Several states are nullifying Federal law on hemp and Marijuana.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »

True, but those are relatively new/minor and are getting some pushback from the feds. I never heard or read a word about this idea in school and I graduated in '90. Really had no clue about how it could work until reading Thoreau's Civil Disobedience which sparked a conversation 15 yrs ago...

Simple noncompliance is a radical concept now. It shouldn't be. And as stated in the article:
 The feds rely on cooperation from state and local governments, as well as individuals. When enough people refuse to comply, they simply can’t enforce their so-called laws.

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:48 PM »

I think that's what did in the Prohibition.  Too many people refused to obey it and their neighbors refused to convict them.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »

I think you are correct. It becomes very hard to enforce a law that everyone is breaking.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next