So it's done. I sealed them up last night, went out this morning and attached my "lifting boards", slid them and the concrete blocks into the trailer and moved them the 100 yards. Nicer area, natural windbreak from the north/west (which is where most of our wind and storms come from), but no lilac bush out front. Oh well, better that I don't have to build them a windbreak out of snow I guess.
I figured I was going to leave them sealed up until late tonight, especially when I was putting them back on the blocks the very unhappy sounds coming from the hive... But alas, I got brave and decided I was going to let them loose during the daylight. So I go over with my supplies and smoker lit good, undid the screws on my moving screen, and all h**l broke loose. Apparently I missed the memo that today was going to be their drone eviction day. Drones being pushed out, pulled out, dragged out... Must have been 50 at least, and they were still at it when I was done.
I got all ready for unhappiness from them, but they were just glad to be getting rid of the drones and had absolutely no concern with me and what I was doing. Got the mouse guard back in place, put a pine tree branch about a foot in front of the entrance sticking up out of the ground, and let them be. My nice hunter green beehive with the bright orange strap around it holding it to the concrete blocks, off in the field now.