Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 06:49:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potporii  (Read 741 times)
AdmiralD
House Bee

« on: January 24, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »

Went to the local beekeepers meeting and I saw a few things that were amazing...

Things that I saw-

The meeting had a bunch of beekeepers gadgets, from a homemade 20 [that right twenty] frame extractor, made of wood, bicycle gears, electric motors along with the gate valve to drain the honey. That puppy was large, but looked effective.

I also saw a 'oven' where you put in  your supers, and warm them up, for extraction. Of course, it took a while to warm them up, but if you only have one super, or 2 of specialized honey, [ ie almond, or blackberry] it could be worth the effort to have that.

I talked with our local new commercial beekeeper. He has 200 hives. He plans to go to california and tap into the almond business. He charges $135.  After that, there is other crops, radishes don't fetch much , and there are apple and cherry pollenation that he is also into...That get him around $40 per hive. That is nice also.

Well, that's three things that I found out. I am still digesting other information...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next