Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 06:06:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liberal vs Conservative  (Read 1694 times)
GSF
Super Bee

« on: September 10, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »

This about explains it;

If you're not a Liberal by the time you're twenty - you don't have a heart!! If you're not a Conservative by the time your thirty - you don't have a brain.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:11:09 PM »

What are you if you have both?

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
Oblio13
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:00:20 PM »

Libertarian.
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 08:31:48 PM »

grin

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
OldMech
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »

LOL

39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »

Well then, what if you have neither?

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
OldMech
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »

then you voted for Obama!!!    grin   

RHBee
Queen Bee

That's my pooch.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:50 AM »

There must be a lot of people out there in that condition. He got reelected. So sad.

Later,
Ray
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »

According to the OP that isn't possible.

Liberals have hearts
Conservatives have brains

Following that logic the statement:

To the question:
Well then, what if you have neither?

Is invalid or at least contradictory.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »

""Well then, what if you have neither?""

Then you are a liberal over 30.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
bhaktibees
New Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »

I'm allergic to labels. I can't color inside the lines. there is no box that can contain me. (I hope that this becomes a trend)  LOL!   lau

"If you didn't learn anything today, you just weren't paying attention" ~ My Dad. smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »

i don't much like labels by party.  i don't think they mean much.  don't mind being called a conservative...with some libertarian leanings....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
OldMech
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

Have long thought that voting by party was silly....   Always wanted a third party, called the American party where people could go to vote for someone actually interested in helping this country instead of the lesser of two evils..

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »

we have other parties.  we have write in votes.  we have options.  problem is, so far, exercising those options has given us people like clinton and obama. 
the milti-party system is basically what most of the European countries have.  because no one can get a majority, nothing ever gets done.  a great deal of time and effort is spent putting together a "coalition government", so that the various parties are not cutting each others throats, but if there is real work to be done, no decision can be made.  all effort is put toward the compromise.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Oblio13
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 06:50:28 AM »

I think it's good that governments "getting things done" is slow and difficult. If it wasn't, every new fad or hysteria would be institutionalized.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »

I think it's good that governments "getting things done" is slow and difficult. If it wasn't, every new fad or hysteria would be institutionalized.

you are right, but sometimes thing need to be done.

take the NHS in england for example:  everyone agrees that it has some major problems that need to be addressed.  doesn't matter what side of the issue you are on, everyone knows there are problems.  none of the problems can be fixed because there is never enough of a majority to address them.  the solution is to run commercials to ask people not to go to the doctor for colds and minor stuff. that's the best they can do to address costs and crowding.

i agree that we don't need the government doing much, but sometimes they need to do some things....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »

we have other parties.  we have write in votes.  we have options.  problem is, so far, exercising those options has given us people like clinton and obama. 
the milti-party system is basically what most of the European countries have.  because no one can get a majority, nothing ever gets done.  a great deal of time and effort is spent putting together a "coalition government", so that the various parties are not cutting each others throats, but if there is real work to be done, no decision can be made.  all effort is put toward the compromise.

I of course disagree.
Sure we have other parties and the write-in option, but they aren't valid options UNTIL people take the time to understand the level of corruption in place now.
A 3rd party doesn't necessarily paralyze the political process. It could, if the individuals elected were so decided, be the catalyst for the change that is so badly needed. By being the swing vote a 3rd party could defeat policies that are bad and promote the good. Though honestly, half of the policies and laws on the books are junk and need to be eliminated now.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »

Though honestly, half of the policies and laws on the books are junk and need to be eliminated now.

i can't think of a viable 3rd party candidate run in my lifetime...and i'm not young.  smiley  i'm not opposed to electing outside the two major parties, but good grief, it has to be someone who's not a one trick pony or a nut case. the last couple that pulled enough votes to matter gave us disasters for presidents.

have you noticed that usually it's the republicans that suffer the most from a 3rd party candidate?  what if we quit trying to field a 3rd party and just voted in some real conservatives.  we have some great young conservatives coming up.  they need our support.  stop voting for McCains and Grahams.

Alexis de Tocqueville
djei5
New Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »

Kathyp, I couldn't agree with you more. Cruz and Paul maybe...
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 09:35:04 AM »

I think "None of the Above" should be a choice for every position on the ballot.  If "None of the Above" wins, they need to put someone on the ballot that people actually want...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next