Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 23, 2014, 02:04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global warming is melting all the ice HA! HA! HA!  (Read 3973 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: September 10, 2013, 01:37:40 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/09/09/arctic-sea-ice-up-60-percent-in-2013/

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »

See, Obama got elected and the amount of ice went up... proof once again that the Liberals are right...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »

http://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm

Maybe a little more info can help. Everyone knows how Statistics get abused. But hard science rarely lies. There is a difference between land ice( thick layers deposited over many years) vs. Sea ice( thin ice that fluctuates year to year). And the evidence supports land ice is melting even as sea ice is forming. Confusing?  Yes, when you don't comprehend the difference. 
Perhaps the first clue should have been the story got pick up by FOX news?

Just to be clear I believe in "Climate change/ Global warming" or whatever you want to call it. Am I sure why? NO. It may be natural, so I won't debate the why. Because for me, it is still uncertain.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »

http://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm

Maybe a little more info can help. Everyone knows how Statistics get abused. But hard science rarely lies. There is a difference between land ice( thick layers deposited over many years) vs. Sea ice( thin ice that fluctuates year to year). And the evidence supports land ice is melting even as sea ice is forming. Confusing?  Yes, when you don't comprehend the difference. 
Perhaps the first clue should have been the story got pick up by FOX news?

Just to be clear I believe in "Climate change/ Global warming" or whatever you want to call it. Am I sure why? NO. It may be natural, so I won't debate the why. Because for me, it is still uncertain.

hjon,
Funny how you consider the fact that a story was picked up by Fox News as telling...I find the fact that it wasn't picked up by any of the other MSM more telling!   Smiley

Glad to know you're not a full bore, Al Gore wacko and believe that Man made global warming is a scientific fact.  grin

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
Oblio13
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 06:28:03 AM »

Fox News is just parroting this article from a British tabloid: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/Global-cooling-Arctic-ice-caps-grows-60-global-warming-predictions.html

If you're interested in actual data and the long-term trend instead of an out-of-context blip, here's the NASA website: http://climate.nasa.gov/key_indicators

I've been an airline pilot for three decades. During that time I've watched with my own eyes the glaciers disappear from Glacier National Park and the ice sheet disappear from southern Greenland. I'll be flying a great-circle route across the north Atlantic again tomorrow. If Greenland's ice has suddenly reformed, I'll update this post.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 08:59:55 AM »

hjon,
Funny how you consider the fact that a story was picked up by Fox News as telling...I find the fact that it wasn't picked up by any of the other MSM more telling!   Smiley

I have said before FOX news is just another propaganda outlet. You view them separately, I don't.
Rupert Murdoch owns FOX, he is also tied into big oil interests. If someone can't see how the misleading story plays to his interests and not the truth, I can't help them....

Glad to know you're not a full bore, Al Gore wacko and believe that Man made global warming is a scientific fact.  grin

Nope, not enough evidence to know for sure.
I will however continue to do my part to protect the environment against pollution.  Which is a serious matter.

I've been an airline pilot for three decades. During that time I've watched with my own eyes the glaciers disappear from Glacier National Park and the ice sheet disappear from southern Greenland. I'll be flying a great-circle route across the north Atlantic again tomorrow. If Greenland's ice has suddenly reformed, I'll update this post.

Oblio13 - I envy you. Must be mighty pretty,up there flying around. Thanks for adding your perspective.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

Fox News is just parroting this article from a British tabloid: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/Global-cooling-Arctic-ice-caps-grows-60-global-warming-predictions.html

If you're interested in actual data and the long-term trend instead of an out-of-context blip, here's the NASA website: http://climate.nasa.gov/key_indicators

Oblio,
Appreciate the link to the NASA website, but honestly, I'm not really interested in the actual data...On the list of things that I worry about on a daily basis that have the potential to impact my life, global warming isn't even a distant concern.

While admittedly, I don't follow the issue closely, I don't think any reasonable minds would argue that there's been a warming trend over the past several decades.  The question is....Is it just another warming/cooling cycle that the earth is going through, much like it's done for MILLIONS of years.  Or, are we to believe Al Gore who is making millions of dollars flying around on a private jet pointing the finger of blame at those who dare to want to drive an SUV.

I appreciate your observations over the last three decades...But while that amount of time is quite significant, in terms of one humans life...I'm afraid that as a sample size for drawing conclusions about the earths long term weather cycles, it's laughably insignificant.  

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »

but honestly, I'm not really interested in the actual data...
lau lau lau

Another clairvoyant conservative. laugh
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 12:36:15 AM »

but honestly, I'm not really interested in the actual data...
lau lau lau

Another clairvoyant conservative. laugh
Way to cherry-pick BlueBee.
I think it is funny that when data supports the message of the right, THAT data(though misleading) is the source of the whole OP. Ooops I forgot it was on FOX news, it must be true.

You gotta admit it Moots,   you got GOT. lol
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 07:56:41 AM »

You gotta admit it Moots,   you got GOT. lol

hjon,
Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.  grin

So, if it makes you feel better to ring this one up as a "GOT" for your liberal buddy Blue....by all means, I wouldn't want to stand in the way of that.  Smiley

But back to the point at hand...I didn't make the OP, and actually, I'm not interested in the actual data...WHY SHOULD I BE?

If it could add ANYTHING to these facts that I already know, maybe I'd feel differently...
1) The Earth has gone through a recent warming trend.
2) There is NO scientific PROOF to attribute this to man made events

As I said, this is WAY DOWN on my list of things I'm worried about and/or can have ANY control over.  So, honestly, I'd rather watch football and read about bees with my down time.  SORRY!  laugh

- Ronald Reagan
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 08:43:43 AM »

But back to the point at hand...I didn't make the OP, and actually, I'm not interested in the actual data...WHY SHOULD I BE?

You're right, iddee started this. I should have double checked. My apologies. And I TRY to be friends with everyone 
 cheesy
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 10:04:36 AM »

You're right, iddee started this. I should have double checked. My apologies. And I TRY to be friends with everyone 
 cheesy

hjon,
No apologies necessary...It's all in good fun and I certainly share your sentiment of trying to be friendly to everyone.  When I find myself conversing with those of a different political ilk, I try to keep in mind one of my favorite Reagan quotes... Wink

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan
Carol
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »

I do all I can to make my impact on nature as small as possible. You might even call me a tree hugger....unfortunately...I am also a conservative and I do like Fox news because it gives answers on both sides....most of the Liberal Media only gives one point of view..theirs.  They even brainwash kids in school.

I don't know if we are at fault ...but I do cringe everytime they strip a large section of land to put in a bunch of houses with one or two trees in the yard...where do all the critters go...where is all the good farm land. ...oh...yes...we needed another strip mall.

I may sound like a Liberal...but I definately am not. I believe in the Constitution!!
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »

I may sound like a Liberal...but I definately am not. I believe in the Constitution!!

Pardon me while I  lau

Where were the conservatives when we got Homeland Security TSA NSA the Patriot Act and the wars in Afghanistan &Iraq without a congressional vote or even the implementation of "free speech zones"?

Good grief .....they certainly weren't too worried about the constitution then. Weird huh?
Carol
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »

I think Congress backed Bush on Iraq.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »

Where were the conservatives when we got Homeland Security TSA NSA the Patriot Act and the wars in Afghanistan &Iraq without a congressional vote...

hjon,
WOW! Not sure how you missed out on all these votes in Congress  huh

Homeland Security Act

Patriot Act

War in Afghanistan

War in Iraq

Transportation Security Act

- Ronald Reagan
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 05:44:31 PM »

I did miss the votes for war. Napping maybe??? I dunno
The rest I was aware of. Both parties trample the constitution which was my point. Not picking sides just pointing out both are guilty.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »

""Where were the conservatives when we got Homeland Security TSA NSA the Patriot Act and the wars in Afghanistan &Iraq without a congressional vote or even the implementation of "free speech zones"?""

Reagan was SOOOOOO right.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »

So no response about the rest.......just my error on the wars. To be expected I guess. If a point can't be defended, just ignore it.

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »

On further consideration perhaps I misinterpreted Carol's statement quoted above. Some Clarification there maybe??
 Was the intent of saying Liberals don't believe in the Constitution (which is mostly true) meant to mean Conservatives do? Because that is the part I find fault with given their actions/votes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next