Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 12:16:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global warming is melting all the ice HA! HA! HA!  (Read 4276 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »

iddee, i have never seen a year as bountiful as this one.  today i looked up and found a big buck in my backyard eating apples....at 1PM...i have never seen a buck like that in the neighborhood, much less my backyard. 

it's a strange year...and winter is coming.   Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 05:15:39 AM »

laugh  I find local weather somewhat analogous to local political candidate support.  "As long as "mines" fine…all is right with the world".  

A bit narrow in scope but also VERY human.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:27:31 AM by T Beek » Logged

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:45 AM »

a snip..
that's because we haven't had any warming for going on 20  years now.  they had to come up with a new tag.

tecumseh...
well actually this tag is nothing really new.... in some discussion perhaps 10 years ago I heard this first from a friend of my wife's who was the head of NOAA under Ronald Reagan.  he was the person who suggested the name and given his position his own politic should be quite obvious.

perhaps you might benefit from getting out more and reading some authority beyond fox news (where by the statistic suggest that if you use this as a primary source of information you have a 85% likelyhood have having all your fact wrong). 

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 06:14:08 AM »

perhaps you might benefit from getting out more and reading some authority beyond fox news (where by the statistic suggest that if you use this as a primary source of information you have a 85% likelyhood have having all your fact wrong). 

tecumseh,
Could you source this claim...

Would love to see the specifics on any unbiased, scientific study that reaches this conclusion...Not to mention, how much I'd love to see what MSNBC and the rest of the MSM's numbers look like.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 06:35:38 AM »

a snip...
Would love to see the specifics on any unbiased

tecumseh...
seems odd to me moots that the water is rising around the very ground you are standing on and you are still in denial concerning the facts.  perhaps God will intervene and provide some miracle for southern Louisiana < thankfully my own family homestead in Louisiana is on a bit higher ground so I don't need to worry so much about the intervention of God.

the above stated study was at the end of the Bush era and concerned the finding (or not finding as it was) weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  evidently the war mongers and war criminals are incapable of registering THE TRUTH.  to cut to the chase here 85% of the respondent who were clinging to the idea that weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq used fox news as their one source of information.   

I am not suggesting here than anyone listen or not listen to fox news or msnbc or any other COMMERCIAL form of the media.  if you habitually only have one source of information and don't go beyond that to question each and every premise in what is actually 'opinion' and not news then certainly you are quite likely to be mislead.  COMMERCIAL MEDIA is about money it cares not one whit if you are or are not a well informed citizens.

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 07:59:29 AM »

A well informed citizenry is no longer the goal of MSM, distraction, division and confusion of the masses reign much higher (sell more soap, create more profit) on public airwaves that rightfully belong to each of us.  Where's our shares of those profits?  Alas we seem to have forgotten all about our collective ownership of public airwaves (the Earth) and have instead allowed their near complete control/manipulation by a handful of media moguls …..…was it an accident?

True journalism has been suffering a slow death for a very long time (see; Thomas Paine, a good beginning to see what a journalist is supposed to look like), with little exception it cannot be found anywhere on TV……it must be diligently sought out by those seeking absolute truths and can never be found by selling or buying someone else's snake oil with relative truths (which are created primarily to keep the dramas flowing).  

The mission of MSM (all of them)?  Creating more sheeple  shocked
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:13:23 AM by T Beek » Logged

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »

seems odd to me moots that the water is rising around the very ground you are standing on and you are still in denial concerning the facts.  perhaps God will intervene and provide some miracle for southern Louisiana < thankfully my own family homestead in Louisiana is on a bit higher ground so I don't need to worry so much about the intervention of God.

tecumseh,
I'm not in denial concerning the facts....Concerning Louisiana, the overwhelming cause of land loss is due to the levee system on the Mississippi River causing the River to dump all it's silt into the Gulf instead of allowing flooding to naturally rebuild the land.  But if you and Al Gore want to believe it's Global Warming, I'm not going to argue with you.  grin

the above stated study was at the end of the Bush era and concerned the finding (or not finding as it was) weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  evidently the war mongers and war criminals are incapable of registering THE TRUTH.  to cut to the chase here 85% of the respondent who were clinging to the idea that weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq used fox news as their one source of information.   

The fact that you are going to make the "85%" blanket statement about Fox News that you did based on ONE report, on ONE subject, OVER FIVE YEARS ago is LAUGHABLE and doesn't even rank a serious response.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »

Moots, don't waste your breath.  you are arguing with someone who won't source statements and can't manage technology.  + he can dish out the nasty comments, but he'll get all twitchy when you argue with him and tell you you are mean and arrogant.  grin

these guys are invested in globalism and it's current shining path, the weather.  so invested, that they don't care if they are wrong.  only that we all reach "consensus".  talk about your flat earthers 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »

:?Well reading those responses was a complete waste of time.....
Why do I waste time here?

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »

Momentary lapses in judgement cause us to do all sorts of counterproductive things…..no one is excused Wink

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »

:?Well reading those responses was a complete waste of time.....
Why do I waste time here?

I take it that's a rhetorical questions...  grin

- Ronald Reagan
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 07:20:09 AM »

a snip...
the overwhelming cause of land loss

tecumseh...
well at least moot you seem to suggest here the cause is not one dimensional (and this is a good thing I would suggest) .  the cause for the problem in southern Louisiana I suspect have several causes and of course include yours plus the building of in intercoastal waterways plus the slow rise of sea levels (I guess this latter cause is something you would rather ignore?).

you seem to have some threshold for defining 'a serious' response.  so how much evidence do you need?  then again (and back to the topic at hand) the effects of carbon accumulation in the atmosphere has reams and reams of studies that suggest where all this might lead us and I am guessing that ain't sufficient evidence to change you mind either! 

a snip...
Moots, don't waste your breath.

tecumseh....
avoid any conversation with your fellow citizen at all cost.  really no reason to even wonder what others might think since what the I believes trumps any contrary message.  once isolated then what you think is much easier to manage and control.

another snip..
you are arguing with someone who won't source statements and can't manage technology.  + he can dish out the nasty comments, but he'll get all twitchy when you argue with him and tell you you are mean and arrogant. 

tecumseh...
once again prima facia evidence than someone cannot deal with the facts <I did source my statement and have no idea how you might KNOW I can or cannot manage technology < perhaps a bit of projection, speculation or the reading of tea leaves going on here? 

I should not have to point out to everyone the pot calling the kettle black in the above statement < I generally leave the name calling to others.

finally.... I would guess a much better question would be to ask everyone if they think man does or does not effect his environment (local or global)?

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »

Does Man (and Woman Wink) effect the local/global environment? 

With every breath and step taken…….and then some Wink, way, way more and in 'many more ways' than any other of Earth's creatures (they don't get a say anyway).

HUMANS RULE (well at least some think 'they' do  laugh)…………….for a while longer I suspect….at least in our present condition. 

IMO; The Earth will outlive (eliminate?) us because 'collectively' we aren't really interested in any form of long term survival.  We;d much rather argue about things, draw lines in the sand and demonize our 'imagined' enemies…...….it is our (reptilian) way………..for now.

I remain optimistic that a 'true' human brain will eventually and collectively evolve (there have been hints of this possibility for at least 2000 years, that humans are capable of so much more), hopefully the tipping point is reached before too much of everything is destroyed…………… Undecided

Sorry to droneeeeeeeee ooonnnn.

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 10:11:31 AM »

once again prima facia evidence than someone cannot deal with the facts <I did source my statement and have no idea how you might KNOW I can or cannot manage technology < perhaps a bit of projection, speculation or the reading of tea leaves going on here? 

**emphasis added

Maybe she's basing it on the fact that you do these silly little "snip" things instead of using the "Quote" feature on the forum which is designed for just such a purpose... grin

a snip...
the overwhelming cause of land loss

tecumseh...
well at least moot you seem to suggest here the cause is not one dimensional (and this is a good thing I would suggest) .  the cause for the problem in southern Louisiana I suspect have several causes and of course include yours plus the building of in intercoastal waterways plus the slow rise of sea levels (I guess this latter cause is something you would rather ignore?).

you seem to have some threshold for defining 'a serious' response.  so how much evidence do you need?  then again (and back to the topic at hand) the effects of carbon accumulation in the atmosphere has reams and reams of studies that suggest where all this might lead us and I am guessing that ain't sufficient evidence to change you mind either! 

tecumseh,
You are correct about the numerous inter-coastal waterways playing a significant role in Louisiana's problem, for the sake of brevity, I simply mentioned the most obvious contributor.  Again, for you to include Global Warming in the same sentence with those two as a significant contributor to Louisiana's land loss problem is laughable and disingenuous.  If Louisiana's land loss problems are being caused by global warming and rising sea levels, as you initial implied in this thread...Then why aren't Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida experiencing land loss at the same rate as Louisiana?   

finally.... I would guess a much better question would be to ask everyone if they think man does or does not effect his environment (local or global)?

Sure we do, just like any other living creature...I would argue that in general "man" tends to overestimate his ability to control and effect his environment, both local and global. 

- Ronald Reagan
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »

Do we effect our environment? Of course we do, both positively and negatively, but definitely NOT negatively only, and as far as global climate, not minutely as much as nature.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »

Do we effect our environment? Of course we do, both positively and negatively, but definitely NOT negatively only, and as far as global climate, not minutely as much as nature.

Describe a positive impact humanity has had on the environment, besides feeding worms  Wink …...….that wasn't an attempted correction of a previously committed negative (and did the alleged action make things better or worse?)…….just one example will do  grin

Are we not also nature?

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »

Hey I know….Lets all go out and burn some tires like so many other of Earth's creatures do  grin

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »

I could name a few, Tbeek, but I'm sure you and I would disagree on what a positive effect would be. Preserving wildlife habitat and populations, I imagine, to you would be correcting a problem we caused, but to me, it would be balancing nature to the point that all could exist. Again, just a difference of opinion.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »

Hey I know….Lets all go out and burn some tires like so many other of Earth's creatures do  grin

NO DOUBT....If it wasn't for the darn filthy stinking humans, the world would be a perfect place...RIGHT?  grin

- Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »

Pretty much yeah.  Most if not all other life-forms would certainly be better off without us, except perhaps cockroaches, mice and rats, certain fungi  Undecided.  They 'might' miss us when we're gone.

A world without humans may not be perfect (that depends completely on the observer), but 'better' for sure….at least for any remaining life and "if" we continue the direction (cliff) we can't resist heading toward.

So-called global warming/climate change (real or imagined, man-made or not) is just a tiny part of the equation that is sealing our doom.

BTW; those other factors (many environmental but not all) contributing to our eventual fate??……."they're all created by us too" so what the heck, lets give ourselves a big hand for all we've done……….. cool

Pretty cool, heh?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next