Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 09:25:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: With the children again?  (Read 228 times)
OldMech
House Bee

« on: September 10, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »

Now hes saying we cant stand by and watch children gassed in Syria...
   I agree, its terrible!!!  I also know there are atrocities being committed all around the globe. I would like to see ALL of it stopped!!! Every day children in THIS country are kidnapped, killed and raped!!!
   We need to publicly execute those convicted.. will make an example of them!   
   Noooo! What if an innocent man is convicted?
   Oops.. sorry...   Publicly execute convicted child murderers and rapists.. No jail time, no appeal, and i will VOLUNTEER to be the first innocent man executed!!!

Lets see.. the last time he used the "children safer" thing was for gun control...
   Didnt HITLER do that already? Just before he started the slaughter?Huh?  Makes me wonder where Big O is getting his material..

Personally.. i am getting tired of saving the world.. i would really like to see the US get saved...  After all, WHO, is going to save the world when WE get flushed down the toilet?
  I believe in this country.. but I have a different perspective KNOWING my son will likely be getting sent over...  Especially when i heard Big O say "NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND" which more or less guarantees our troops are going to hit the ground there in their stocking feet....

39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:54:46 PM »

Personally.. i am getting tired of saving the world.. i would really like to see the US get saved... 

Amen to that  applause applause applause

I can’t believe the Dems are getting baited into Syria.  Didn’t they learn anything from Iraq?  The PEOPLE do not what this.  I’m happy to see Putin out fox them, at least for now. 

If we had a true Democracy where the people directly decided these things, we would save billions on foreign policy nonsense. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:00:34 PM »

it's hard when it's our kids instead of us.

when we did desert storm i knew without a doubt that we'd have to go back and finish the job.  all through the years that saddam thumed his nose at clinton, the UN, and the cease fire, i wondered why we didn't enforce the agreement we'd made with him.  instead we took 1/2 measures, like no fly zones and a few missiles.  

when we finally did go back,  the argument was that he'd broken the agreement, used chemical weapons, and possessed chemical weapons, and was a state sponsor of terrorism.  no one disagreed with that.  the UN reports didn't disagree.  we gave him a year, as we fooled around, to do what ever he wanted with those weapons.  eye witness accounts have convoys and planes flying....you guessed it, to Syria.  that aside, he was indeed a state sponsor of terrorism, so even without finding those weapons, we had a legitimate reason to be concerned about him.  more so when we found out that he had billions of dollars put aside from illegal sales of oil and had spend millions on illegal purchase of weapons.

old history?  but worth remembering.  the argument made now is that Assad is a really bad guy who has gassed his own people.  that's it.  no state sponsor of terrorism.  no danger to us.  no broken cease fire.  no nothing.

the left screamed about iraq when we didn't find the WMD, but as it turned out, it was a great place to be....or would have been if this idiot hadn't given it away.  check a map.

can on man make so many bad decisions by accident?  maybe not..

This is not long.   Podhoretz is an interesting fellow.  not really conservative, but centerish and hawkish.  you have to read him in that context.  on this, i think he has hit the nail on the head.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323595004579062811443943666.html

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »

I can’t believe the Dems are getting baited into Syria.  Didn’t they learn anything from Iraq?  The PEOPLE do not what this.  I’m happy to see Putin out fox them, at least for now.

If we had a true Democracy where the people directly decided these things, we would save billions on foreign policy nonsense. 

this is no comparison to iraq.  read what i wrote.  people do not want this.  one of the main reasons is that they do not trust this president and his leadership.  he and his seem to lie to us as easily as they breath.  youtube video anyone?

there is nothing good about putin stepping into this.  russia has a big navy base there and that's all putin cares about protecting.  you think he's going to be honest?

you really need to learn about democracy.  other than totalitarianism, it's the very worst form of government.  and it ends with a totalitarian government anyway...

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next