My question- in your opinion other than producing less honey is there any reason not to go with small cell and are there any problems you know of that are a result of small cell?
If you look the invasion of varroa, you will find that it has not killed all bees. There are hives which can manage with varroa.
Now among Carnolian bees they have found as good varroa fighters like Russian bee. And Carnolian bee has biggest natural cells, wider than in bad foundations.
1) You need a bee stock which have natural tendency fight against varroa
- have you, where you got it?
2) The mite level is often so high that colony is alive but cannot gather surpus honey (chalbrood makes same).
3) Before beekeeper has found varroa resistant beestock mostly he has lost all his hives.
4) Small cell question have known 10 years in USA. Why it has not revealed mite problem, or foul brood, nosema, or what else.
5) Swarming is one succesful method with which feral bees get rid off their problems. Swarming is not suitable for profitable honey harvesting.
6) Michael and another natural beekeepers insist same argumenst and deny many fact which have known tens of years.
* They say that natural comb size. Small cell is not natural comb size.
* Bees do not need honey for comb building.
* Natural comb sizes has not saved bees from diseases or from varroa.
* Diseases have developed in natural beehives during million of years. They are not products of human.
* Natural beekeepers never talk that varroa also go through succesfull evolution and takes it's place more and more in beehives.
You know those people who still believe that God made all nature during 6 days. There is no genes, no evolution not science and no facts.
Natural beekeeprs think that they are like Gods and relieve some day A BIG MYSTERY like mr. Nobel.
And why these nobelists are mostly beginners? - Who knows little he knows everything.