Right of the bat, I am a newbie in this activity as well as the forum, so dont hate.
So I vaporized my hives with oxalic acid several days ago, the recipe was done to proportions as recommended here as well as on other forums. I did the procedures as directed, so an error on my part is very low.
Now, I opened up my hives, today (4 days later) there were maybe 2 or 3 mites at the bottom, and even those probably died because it was time for them to leave this world.
I dont understand what is the problem, I hear people have amazing results with this treatment method almost instantly, but apparently it didnt do anything on my hives. I know for a fact that my bees have a big problem with the varroa mites.
Please help. The fall is here and its time to do something about this issue. Im worried to loose my colonies due to these mites again.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.