Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 22, 2014, 09:41:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Guys, absolute total newbie from western Sydney  (Read 1012 times)
Valoren
New Bee

« on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »

G'day guys and girls, I'm Haydn, I don't have any hives or tools but I'm interested in getting my feet wet, I'm currently living in Mt Druitt and I know there's a beekeeping supply store here and I figured I'd join this forum for advice and support. The hard part is going to be convincing my land owner and girlfriend that this is a legitimate hobby and to do that It'd probably go a lot smother if I can prove I've taken some steps to get involved and learn the process first hand before I go and buy a hive.

If there's anyone in the western Sydney area that wouldn't giving a couple of lessons or getting some first hand experience or that could provide me with some advice for a newbie please drop me a line.

Looking forward to meeting all you forummites!

Live free and live well, or don't live at all.
Charles Sen
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 06:17:20 AM »

Probably a bee club will be your best bet. Having said that I just jumped in with some advice from a commercial keepr and have had no issues thus far. You will love it. It is a fascinating hobby!!
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »

Welcome to the forum Haydn.
Mackayboi
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »

Welcome to the forum!
Helpful advice from happy beeks. (short for bee keepers)

I have been researching the topic of bee keeping for over 3 months now, and still haven't lost interest.

Just about ready to finish assembling the hive and order the live bees.
ozebee
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:32:42 AM »

Welcome to the forum,

Hornsby Beekeeping Supplies - http://hornsby-beekeeping.com/ now have a store in mt Druitt. Pretty good guys. Also the Parramatta Amateur Beekeepers Assn have a good bunch of people so join up by looking up their web site. Here is a link to the latest newsletter:
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/b067072b4b055e37c4b77c488/files/NewsLetterSep2013.pdf
Enjoy the hobby!!
Oak
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 03:48:11 AM »

Welcome Haydn
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 11:56:49 AM »

Welcome to the forum Haydn.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
Inquorate
New Bee

Beeginner

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »

G'day guys and girls, I'm Haydn, I don't have any hives or tools but I'm interested in getting my feet wet, I'm currently living in Mt Druitt and I know there's a beekeeping supply store here and I figured I'd join this forum for advice and support. The hard part is going to be convincing my land owner and girlfriend that this is a legitimate hobby and to do that It'd probably go a lot smother if I can prove I've taken some steps to get involved and learn the process first hand before I go and buy a hive.

If there's anyone in the western Sydney area that wouldn't giving a couple of lessons or getting some first hand experience or that could provide me with some advice for a newbie please drop me a line.

Looking forward to meeting all you forummites!

Didi you end up getting those bees?

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next