Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 05:40:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighbor spraying his yard with weed killer  (Read 671 times)
Tightwad
House Bee

« on: August 26, 2013, 06:33:35 PM »

My bees are on my neighbors bird bath and his yard. Am I getting up set over nothing ? Or is this going to kill my bees.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »

are the weeds blooming?  is he spraying weed killer in his bird bath?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Tightwad
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:21:51 AM »

The bees are all over his yard and there is a weed blooming don't know what it is. He told me that the bees are all over the yard.  And he hoops he's not killing the bees
sc-bee
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »

What kind of rapport do you have with the neighbor? Good? If so ask him to spray real early in morning or real late in evening. Better yet screen your bees in while he is spraying if you are concerned. I would not get upset about it anyway, especially if he is not upset about the bees in his birdbath or on his lawn. Hopefully they are not working the blooms and it also depends on the spray. I know I have read here you can spray round-up around hives with no worry.

John 3:16
Santa Caras
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »

two things...1---it is his yard and he would probably like it to be weed free.
2----If the bees are going to his birdbath...sounds like they dont have a source of water and you may need to install your own birdbath or some other means of getting water to your bees.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »

It really depends on what color bee's you have.   If they are green you could be in trouble
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

I took care of all the ditch line at the road and half a field with roundup and I have no worries. 
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »

You should be thankful he is not bothered by your bees being in his bubble.  Thank him for his concern and ask him to please tell you in advance if he has to spray a pesticide so you can screen in your bees.  Most herbicides don't harm the bees but the advice about asking him to spray early or late is a fine idea.  Best to be cautious. 
RHBee
Queen Bee

That's my pooch.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:28 AM »

It really depends on what color bee's you have.   If they are green you could be in trouble

LOL, Seriously,  I've used round up and other herbicides near my hives. I've noticed no problems. Sounds like you have a good neighbor.

Later,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next