Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 03:49:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRULY A DEMOCRATS PARADISE!  (Read 2117 times)
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 06:53:12 AM »

Keep in mind federal civil servants don't get compensated the same as military. That 22 to 24 year old Sargent is making about the same as a GS-13 when you look at take home.
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »

No one has said that there are no takers that don't deserve what they get, either here or in the article you site; in fact, the article directly states the opposite of what you claim. D's simply cannot ever consider spending less, even when faced with the fact that takers > makers only leads to cronyism and bankruptcy. Notwithstanding your straw man arguments, of course this is somehow all the fault of the R's, and not the D's that created this situation!

....but "takers" isn't the word used to describe these people in the OP.  These "takers" (like a firefighter) are referred to as "welfare recipients".  If you want to find straw men, start there.

If someone collecting a govt pension is a "taker", what is a govt employee who is paying into a pension that they are not yet collecting on?  They are doing something more than working to support themselves in the moment.

deknow
Vance G
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 03:14:51 PM »

I spent 24 years in an occupation where someone could tell me to go do something unsafe, deadly or dirty any time the need arose.  I got to work one whole hell of a lot of 80-100 hour weeks for Sams Air Circus.  Go to work at 0230 at -40 F actual to drive 100 miles to a missle site on icy roads.  Work hard in the the wind accompanying that cold to get frozen metal lubricated by congealed grease to give and let you get into the hardened structure.  Shovel snow for literally hours while it blew back in behind you so you could position your vehicles.  I worked within inches of nuclear bombs on a regular basis and was forbidden from measuring the radiation I was exposed to.  Asbestos was everywhere among other fun substances.  Stress of achieving expected perfection constant.  If you didn't measure up, you didn't make rank.  If you didn't suck up, you didn't make rank.  HELL!   I had it easy I only got shot at once and that was by Indians on a reservation three hundred miles from Wounded knee when Russell Means was shooting FBI.  They weren't even serious just shooting over us!  Bullets do make a noise as they break the sound barrier going by.  I was not even at the sharp end of the stick getting shot at in the sand!   

So you smirking libs go ahead and  place my career with the career clots in any number of tail chasing beauacracies designed to keep people from being productive and supply Democrat voters.  Or the teachers, currently turning us into a non competitive third world nation.  Talk about sweet featherbeaded pensions working only part of the year.  I think I earned my sweet pension which I bled and froze and sweated for. I get around 2K a month fully taxable federal and state.   What a fat hog I stuck in the rectum.   
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 04:25:45 PM »

It may have been like that before but it isn't now. We have navy shops that have no buffer for engines and the chief s response is they are five days a week for eight hours. That includes PT. No overtime.
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »

To make rank is time in grade until staff Sargent, so it is not busting ass.
Vance G
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »

Sergeant is the spelling beetle.  Fact remains, the military can tell you to go die tomorrow and when we get a president who has what Bradley Manning wants to get cut off, it will need to change back fairly rapidly.  The pay is a lot better than when I served.  Two years after I retired, the pay had gone up enough that a new retiree was getting more pay in retirement than I got when active duty.  You must have failed to make it and got out to think you know so much and respect the service so little.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »

That 22 to 24 year old Sargent is making about the same as a GS-13 when you look at take home.

OMG bluebee has a buddy  evil

can't say what the army does.  they have lower standards than the other services.  for the navy, past E3 you test for every advancement and you must have good PRT and eval scores.  now...pay....i don't know many civilian jobs where you are on call 24/7, can be sent anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat, may not see your family for months at a time, can't quit (most of the time), and people might shoot at you.  never mind the living conditions in may places, and no extra pay for all that...unless they ARE shooting at you.  take your GS-13 and offer him all of that for the same pay and i bet he won't jump at it. 

i don't know why the leftist always want to go off about fire fighters and police.  that's just dumb and a distraction from what we do have an issue with.  but...they know that.

fact is, if you keep insisting that we support the majority of the people with welfare, healthcare, food stamps, etc. there won't be any money for firefighters of police.  yes, the takers are out numbering the makers.  yes there are, in many places, to many government employees.  yes, in many places they are over paid..less in salary than in benefits, retirement, overtime, etc.  but that would be sustainable if you all didn't insist that we give away phones, homes, and food, to anyone who was to lazy to get out there and find their own.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:52 PM »

Wow, I am a libertarian and I believe in math and facts.

It takes 25 guys to support one guy that carries a rifle and fights. For every 100 guys that have no risk of being shot at, there is four that does. I am all for the guy that is getting shot at getting paid more but not the 25 that have no risk.

The reality is military personal are federal employees, just like civil servants. You could easily cut the military in half by farming out support and save billions in the process. Let military do what the are good at
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »

Vance, Kathy, old Samuel's quote is becoming more true every day.

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 09:53:01 PM »

The reality is military personal are federal employees, just like civil servants. You could easily cut the military in half by farming out support and save billions in the process. Let military do what the are good at

you may not know this, but we have.  that's how clinton pulled his illusion with the whole "peace dividend" thing.  it's not working. 

i know a lot of people who call themselves libertarians.  most are ron paul people who only heard that part of what he said that supported what they already wanted.  legal drugs being a big draw....

most who call themselves libertarians are liberals who want....legal drugs.  a few special folks are anarchists.  they are loads of fun.  i'll take you word that you are really a libertarian until you can prove yourself wrong  grin

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

i know, but i have been a pretty good girl the last couple of weeks.  didn't want you all to think i was sick or something!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:26 PM »

Libertarians tend to steal votes from republicans not liberals.  Also the tea party movement started as a libertarian moment until the republicans took it and ran.

Pesky facts...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »

Libertarians tend to steal votes from republicans not liberals.

that's true.  shall we thank Ron Paul for 4 more years of Obama?

Also the tea party movement started as a libertarian moment until the republicans took it and ran

not really.  it started as a movement against more taxes, obamacare, and government over-reach.  these are traditional conservative positions.  there are republicans who ran as conservatives, thus running in concert with the tea party agenda.  i don't see that as a problem, do you?

Alexis de Tocqueville
GSF
Queen Bee

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »

Modenacart;  I've had the impression that the tea party was a thorn in the flesh for the republican hierarchy and most republicans.

I use to vote for the lessor of two evils (which meant I still voted for evil) but now I can't tell them apart.

I heard a pretty truthful statement somewhere; Every time the democrats throw a pass toward the en zone the republicans intercept it and run it in for them.

I will either vote for a libertarian candidate or not at all. I'm so sick of the other two. I always viewed Ron Paul as crazy, but he's making more sense every day or the others are making less.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »

Wrong post.
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

Modenacart;  I've had the impression that the tea party was a thorn in the flesh for the republican hierarchy and most republicans.

I use to vote for the lessor of two evils (which meant I still voted for evil) but now I can't tell them apart.

I heard a pretty truthful statement somewhere; Every time the democrats throw a pass toward the en zone the republicans intercept it and run it in for them.

I will either vote for a libertarian candidate or not at all. I'm so sick of the other two.

The tea party was a huge thorn, that is why the republican leadership took it and ran.

I voted for Gary Johnson last election. He seemed to be the guy that believed in personal freedom/rights the most.

If you really break down what Obama and Bush accomplished in office and not what they say in public or what the tv says, it is very similar, outside of obamacare.  Ben Stein was asked who should be the republican nominee for the last election he said "Obama." 

The problem is most people see politics as a sport, win at all cost, who cares what the facts are. This is evident in the name calling you see on this board.
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »

Libertarians tend to steal votes from republicans not liberals.

Also the tea party movement started as a libertarian moment until the republicans took it and ran

not really.  it started as a movement against more taxes, obamacare, and government over-reach.  these are traditional conservative positions.

Very libertarian ideas.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »

...If you really break down what Obama and Bush accomplished in office and not what they say in public or what the tv says, it is very similar, outside of obamacare....  

lau LMAO! "very similar, outside of obamacare"....That's like saying April 15th, 1865 was very similar for Mrs. Lincoln to any other night at the theater, outside of the assassination.   KIND OF A SIGNIFICANT AND IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE!  grin

And while I fully realize that both parties are far from perfect, it doesn't mean there aren't still huge and important differences....Look to Supreme Court appointments if nothing else!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 11:48:18 AM »

Very libertarian ideas.

and very conservative ideas. 

Ron Paul might have been the guy once, but he's now a squeaky little cult leader interested only in being stroked and followed.

i'm happy that you all feel good about voting your conscience...or whatever you think you did.  as we go though the second term of obama, you all hang on real tight to the notion that you didn't throw your vote away and contribute to the further destruction of the county. 

And while I fully realize that both parties are far from perfect, it doesn't mean there aren't still huge and important differences....Look to Supreme Court appointments if nothing else!

exactly.  and all the federal judges and alphabet agency regulations and laws made by presidential fiat......

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 12:49:16 PM »

As long as we are comparing..... There is no comparison!    When was the last time we saw ANY president, who constantly campaigned? Obama is at this moment running around the country, (mostly college campuses) pointing the finger at others for policies he put into effect!!! Policies which are destroying America.
    Sorry for getting a little off subject, but you guys were starting to get off subject anyways.   Smiley
Modenacart
House Bee

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »

Very libertarian ideas.

and very conservative ideas. 

My mistake, I thought libertarians were liberal

By the way, Ron Paul doesn't represent all libertarians.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next