Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 08:54:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q&A with a Treatment-Free Beekeeper  (Read 3746 times)
Brother Dave
House Bee

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »

Hello I have been beekeeping about 1.5 years. I have three hives and have been not using foundation. So my hives are langstroth boxes. with standard frames with comb guides. I am excited to join this forum as my work schedule does not allow me to go to my local beekeeping meetings.

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 05:11:03 AM »

Welcome Brother Dave! 

I'm nearly two hours from the closest beekeeper meetings so can appreciate the inability to attend them.  This forum can often take the place of a meeting or many meetings, depending on how much one can absorb at a sitting.  Having the ability to come and go is a real pleasure.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
charlie b
New Bee

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:33 AM »

Hello Bro. Dave,
Welcome to the forum and I am excited to hear that you are also foundationless. Have you had a good experience with them? I  have recently bought used hives and have roughly 1200 frames, which I am cleaning and putting starter strips in. Getting ready for the 014 season. Excited!
merince
House Bee

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »

Hi Brother Dave!

Welcome to the forum. I use a mix of foundation and foundationless. Usually, when putting a new super, I will use foundation to reduce the risk of having to do a "cut-out". I use foundationless if I have enough brood frames to interleave the new super.

Good luck and remember to keep the hives level!

Brother Dave
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »

Hello Bro. Dave,
Welcome to the forum and I am excited to hear that you are also foundationless. Have you had a good experience with them? I  have recently bought used hives and have roughly 1200 frames, which I am cleaning and putting starter strips in. Getting ready for the 014 season. Excited!
    I have had good luck so far It helps to really crowd them together in the middle of the box for me also adding a new frame between two good strait ones works. I did put some effort into leveling my hives that also may have helped. I also do not expect perfect looking comb.   good luck Dave

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next