Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 04:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ross Rounds  (Read 1031 times)
malachii
New Bee

« on: August 13, 2013, 06:45:49 AM »

Anyone know where you can buy Ross Rounds (or something similar) in Australia?

malachii
kanga
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »

They used to be available from Penders (that was some years ago) and on making inquiries with them early this year they no longer stock them. I checked out a few of the other beekeeping suppliers but was unable to locate anyone that sold them in Australia. I then went direct to Mann Lake in the US and purchased them (that was before our dollar dropped). The only problem I see is when Penders used to sell them they also sold thin surplus foundation as the normal foundation is a little thick.
http://www.mannlakeltd.com/beekeeping-supplies/category/page37.html#CH-121

Kevin
prestonpaul
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:37:15 PM »

If you are a bit handy with wood work you could have a go at Romanov comb sections I plan on having a go at these this year if I can get off my rear end in time to make up the frames and collars  grin

If you can keep your head when all about you are loosing theirs, you probably don't fully understand the situation!
Simon
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 02:16:44 AM »

I got some of the Romanov style gear from Redpaths a fair while ago.  They clipped together neatly and looked good, but sadly I didn't get to try them out before the borers did.  Redpaths don't seem to have them listed anymore on their web page and I haven't been able to find anyone else in Australia that have them for sale.  I have had the idea for a while of trying to come up with a similar homemade system to fit in an ideal frame/super - from memory, I don't think that the ones I had fitted neatly into a standard ideal frame ( ... but I do have a touch of C.R.A.F.T.).  The way that the section holders folded up and clipped together with the little finger joints on the ends was pretty clever. Thanks Prestonpaul for the link, that has given me a few more ideas about how I might be able to build some myself.

Simon
prestonpaul
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:34:13 AM »

No problem, looks pretty easy if you have access to a table saw (I have a Triton workbench which should do the job)

If you can keep your head when all about you are loosing theirs, you probably don't fully understand the situation!
Meadlover
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »

If you are a bit handy with wood work you could have a go at Romanov comb sections I plan on having a go at these this year if I can get off my rear end in time to make up the frames and collars  grin

Oooh I like that, going to give that a go this season (if I get the time....)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next