Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 09:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manipulated"news"  (Read 1644 times)
hjon71
Field Bee

« on: August 13, 2013, 02:05:17 AM »

Just one quick and easily found link:
http://foxnewsboycott.com/videos/fox-news-video-cropping-and-manipulation/

One more:
Busted:Fox News CPAC Ron Paul Video Deception

And one more:
Fox Lies - Cenk Busts Fox News On MSNBC

This is in no way meant to accuse only FOX news. Just showing how easy it is to find intentionally distorted, misleading "news".
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:07:19 AM »

Feel free to add all you want. Because the MSM outlets all have an agenda. Go crazy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »

thanks and i will watch these as soon as i have fed. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »

Someone once said, "There's no such thing as un biased reporting." Even if a reporter was an honest person with the most noble intentions they would still tint the story to their liking.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »

Someone once said, "There's no such thing as un biased reporting." Even if a reporter was an honest person with the most noble intentions they would still tint the story to their liking.

I disagree, we are all biased and that can't help but color our everyday actions and speech. The quote is simply the opinion of one person.
 But for a news agency to participate in flat out lying, and manipulating audio/video to give credence to that lie destroys any credibility they may hope to portray.
True journalism is above reproach and makes every effort to insure they only present fact and truth. That is the first lesson they teach, or at least it used to be. Ask me why there has been a departure from the old ways and my response will be MONEY.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »

i watched your videos.  i do wish that your info had come from less biased sources.  hard to believe one liar reporting on the purported lies of another!  but, you made the effort, so....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »

True journalism is above reproach and makes every effort to insure they only present fact and truth. That is the first lesson they teach, or at least it used to be. Ask me why there has been a departure from the old ways

it is what they teach, but it has never been the "old ways" or any way.  look at the history of journalism in this country and there has never been a time when it was pure.  that's a mythology taught by professors who never stick their heads out of a classroom.  i don't believe you can have people involved in anything and not have their bias involved too. 

this is true not only in journalism, but in other important places like education.  public education has become a leftists kiddy mill, and anyone who's not a leftist, cares about the actual education of their children, and can scrape up the money should not have their kids in public school....and they should be fighting to keep their own school dollars with their child and school choice.

how's that for going off the tracks??.....actually, i just hit the switching yard and took a hard right   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »

i watched your videos.  i do wish that your info had come from less biased sources.  hard to believe one liar reporting on the purported lies of another!  but, you made the effort, so....

lau

And that was the expected response.
 So tell me, who would you expect to find these examples other than someone on the other side? If that's the best excuse for denial, no "proof" will suit what someone doesn't want to believe.

Surely you cannot still say FOX isn't doing the very things I first brought forward. The video stands on its own merit.But Believe what you will.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:07 PM »

i watched your videos.  i do wish that your info had come from less biased sources.  hard to believe one liar reporting on the purported lies of another!  but, you made the effort, so....

lau

And that was the expected response.
 So tell me, who would you expect to find these examples other than someone on the other side? If that's the best excuse for denial, no "proof" will suit what someone doesn't want to believe.

Surely you cannot still say FOX isn't doing the very things I first brought forward. The video stands on its own merit.But Believe what you will.

hjon, take it easy. I watched your Hemmer video this morning, just before I went backpacking. I looked forward to getting back home so I could do a little research on this. The "lie" SEEMED STRANGE. It makes no sense. As a conservative, I can't see why fox would try and get away with an obvious misrepresentation. Why would fox care if Ron Paul was booed or applauded? Ron Paul is a threat to no one. Anyways, I googled through " fox news and Ron Paul 2011 cpac."  ....And there it is ! A video of hemmer apologizing to Ron Paul for using the wrong tape. Inviting Ron Paul back to Fox for another interview.

hjon, you may want to say I'm not willing to admit, FOX LIED! I took your video seriously and researched it. The lie makes no sense! I do believe Fox grabbed the wrong tape and looked really stupid.   The Lie makes no sense. When I have time, I will check  out your second video and respond.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »

hjon71, news organiztions aside, i have always tried not to use blatantly biased reports to back up anything i post.  sometimes i fail.  if i don't have another source, i try to point out that the source i have used is biased.

in the case of your proof, i was merely making the point that you have used an extremely biased source which had been caught doing what you were using them to prove another did.....(heck of a sentence smiley)

i'm not sure why that was what you expected, or why........

the last video is all about feelings and impressions.  and, they are wrong about some of it.  i didn't fact check it all, but here is a very easy one.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=15445

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »

hjon, I will add.  I read several of the blogs who want to label Fox as lying. None of them have anything to say. You can play the Hemmer video, however none of the authors say why Fox would lie about Ron Paul and cpac 2011. Very strange.

Also Fox apologized Feb. 17Th 2011, while all the accusing blogs show up Feb. 19Th 2011. Why ?
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »

Also Fox apologized Feb. 17Th 2011, while all the accusing blogs show up Feb. 19Th 2011. Why ?

They may be slow???
Here's a search showing the first catches on Feb15:
 [view:http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=lwo0Iyrh1Zk]
 I dunno
Accidental? Maybe. I can't help but wonder why footage from a year before just happens to be laying around and not in storage. THAT to me is strange.

the last video is all about feelings and impressions.  and, they are wrong about some of it.  i didn't fact check it all, but here is a very easy one.

I only used that one for the short video clip at the end. The report was about Wisconsin union violence, yet the video clearly wasn't taken in Wisconsin( note palm trees). If video isn't available or doesn't match the story they want to tell DON'T use old video.....oh wait, that's exactly what happen to Mr. Paul  huh
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »

If video isn't available or doesn't match the story they want to tell DON'T use old video.....oh wait, that's exactly what happen to Mr. Paul  huh

even to the liberals i don't always attach a nefarious motive.  i figure  that about 90% of what happens in life falls under the SH heading.

i do think that it's important that those considered something other than leftist hold themselves to a higher standard.  the leftists certainly do.  so yeah, they should have done a better job of checking things out.  even though fox is statistically just right of center, all the other news is left and far left.  it is to be expected the they would hold fox to a standard that they would not meet.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »

hjon, I have to ask. Why would you post a video, which is calling Fox News liars and not do some of your own research ? You would then be able to post your video and add, " Fox claims they made a mistake ".  Could it be you want very much for Fox to be caught up in a lie? One would be wise to,  " not want something to happen, don't hope something will happen, just wait and see what does happen ".  (I stole this)... From what Movie ?

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 01:05:17 AM »

hjon, I have to ask. Why would you post a video, which is calling Fox News liars and not do some of your own research ? You would then be able to post your video and add, " Fox claims they made a mistake ".

Don't get hung up on this one example.
I knew an apology happened, after they got blasted for it.

Could it be you want very much for Fox to be caught up in a lie?

I want very much for all media sources to be fact/truth based and unbiased. This simply isn't the case. The devout loyalty shown so far toward FOX between you is baffling to me. I doubt any number of examples would dissuade that allegiance.

No comments about the medley of examples in the first video???

As far as I am concerned the unethical, biased, money driven, political bent of MSM is so prevalent and understood that to be asked to prove it is as easy as showing the grass is green or the sky is blue. I will say again if someone can't see it they simply don't want to.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »

Although I agree with you, hjon, I don't agree that they are that way to the same degree. Beginning at zero, fox may be +3 to the right, but aol is -6 to the left, and msnbc is -9 to the left. abc goes off the chart to the left. That is the difference.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »

hjon, I suggest, when you arrived here you were wearing a disguise. You want us to believe you are a center thinking, all knowing intellect. Perhaps what some would call a moderate. The more you post the more your mask slips. You posted a video  you said proves Fox News lied. When directed to evidence showing Fox claimed they had made a mistake, you told us, " Accidental, maybe ".  Then in the very next sentence, you tell kathyp, " Oh wait, that's exactly what happened to Ron Paul !" So you are perfectly willing to continue spreading something which is not or may not be true !  ....Sounds a bit like Saul Alinsky to me. Sounds very Leftist to me.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »

The devout loyalty shown so far toward FOX between you is baffling to me. I doubt any number of examples would dissuade that allegiance.

there is a reason that fox news is the most watched and it's not because there are so many conservatives in the US.  it is because, overall, you get better news from fox.  yes, they mess up sometime.  yes, they have conservative opinion people on there.  yes, they are even right of center...which is where the general population is.
when people watch fox in comparison to other outlets, they tend to switch because they find they get more real news.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/media-bias-is-real-finds-ucla-6664.aspx

i have to consume a lot of news every day and from varied sources.  it is true that i find things out there that are not on fox.  it is also true that i find more accurate reporting on fox.  i know this to be true because i do my own research.  so...yes...it will be my go to source when something happens.

now, for your first link.  i watched it twice and watched for content, intent, and results. 

content:  yes, those clips were edited.  i don't know any news source that doesn't edit.  if you have ever tried to sit though a press conference by this president, editing is a kindness.  BUT, there is another important thing to remember about 24/7 news.  they report a story several times a day.    various segments have various time limitation.  what is a shot teaser in one hour might be a 15 min. story later in the day.  that means that someone with an agenda can pull a highly edited teaser and use it as an example of bad editing if they wish.

intent:  this is a harder one to judge, but if the editing is on an opinion show, like Hannity, then i'm more apt to believe that it was editing for agenda.   if it is on one of the hard news shows, then editing is more likely don't for time.

results:  This one is a lot more fun.  Al Gore is a very wealthy man.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html   more recent  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/why-its-good-to-be-al-gore/article11795545/
if he has shoveled some money into a tax protected foundation, that is a time honored way of protecting wealth.  if he lived like this guy http://edbegley.com/  i'd have some respect for him even if i disagreed with him.  he doesn't.  i don't.

obama and pork...i don't think i even need to address this one.  without the edit, it says the same thing.  either way, he now seems to REALLY like pork!

constitutionalist court appointees.  doesn't matter what he said.  he didn't appoint a constitutionalist.  that will go for all the federal judges appointed too.  fundamental change from inside and out.....

so...your attempt at making points about editing seem to be wishful thinking based on your political ideology.  i know from personal experience that listening to things you are predisposed to dislike is really hard.  listening for content is even harder.  examining content is stomach churning sometimes.  i buy antacids in the double pack a costco.   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »

"'obama and pork...i don't think i even need to address this one.  without the edit, it says the same thing.  either way, he now seems to REALLY like pork!""

A Muslim that loves pork. That's hilarious. TRUE, but funny just the same.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »

hjon, I suggest, when you arrived here you were wearing a disguise. You want us to believe you are a center thinking, all knowing intellect. Perhaps what some would call a moderate.                

I may be moderate in the fact I'm neither all Left or all Right, but it isn't the kind you think of.
I do stand in the middle of the parties and shout Both are corrupted by money.

All knowing intellect?? Let me catch my breath from laughing...gosh my sides hurt. Thanks for that. But NO I am not, but I can objectively see both sides. Maybe because I had the audacity to point out something some don't want to see I am viewed as favoring the other side. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I can find plenty of the same manipulating/editing for any MSM outlet. Perhaps because I firmly believe in the corruption of ALL of them. Does that make me moderate?

i have to consume a lot of news every day and from varied sources.  it is true that i find things out there that are not on fox.  it is also true that i find more accurate reporting on fox.  i know this to be true because i do my own research.  so...yes...it will be my go to source when something happens.

I watch very little MSM news because I just see the political lean, sad I know.

now, for your first link.  i watched it twice and watched for content, intent, and results. 

content:  yes, those clips were edited.  i don't know any news source that doesn't edit.  if you have ever tried to sit though a press conference by this president, editing is a kindness.  BUT, there is another important thing to remember about 24/7 news.  they report a story several times a day.    various segments have various time limitation.  what is a shot teaser in one hour might be a 15 min. story later in the day.  that means that someone with an agenda can pull a highly edited teaser and use it as an example of bad editing if they wish.

I agree editing is necessary. But when a news outlet consistently edits those clips to highlight their agenda I find it difficult to just say believe it isn't intentional. "Teasers" are meant to draw in viewers, FOX viewers are mostly Right. Hence, the editing which leans that way. I get it. I just don't agree. That is where we part ways.

intent:  this is a harder one to judge, but if the editing is on an opinion show, like Hannity, then i'm more apt to believe that it was editing for agenda.   if it is on one of the hard news shows, then editing is more likely don't for time.

Again I agree intent is hard to judge much less prove. We all see/believe what we want to. It is when someone takes the time to view both sides the intent becomes maybe a little easier to discern. Will you admit that if you looked from a Left perspective you can see the possibility of editing to foster Right ideas?

so...your attempt at making points about editing seem to be wishful thinking based on your political ideology.  i know from personal experience that listening to things you are predisposed to dislike is really hard.  listening for content is even harder.  examining content is stomach churning sometimes.  i buy antacids in the double pack a costco.   evil

My political ideology is questionable. I do not identify with any single party. If there was a test, the result would be interesting to say the least.
Oh, and I take a once daily pill for my stomach. OMG we are twins.... shocked

I truly enjoy debate. People tend to find me frustrating because I fall outside the norm.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next