Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 09:39:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hijacking and Derailing  (Read 769 times)
hjon71
Field Bee

« on: August 12, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »

Is it really so hard to stay on topic?  huh

Or am I the only one this bothers?

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »

it's you.

it's not uncommon for one comment to lead things off in another direction.  try being a bit flexible.  some of those conversations go on for pages and they can be entertaining.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:42:28 PM »

Is it really so hard to stay on topic?  huh

Or am I the only one this bothers?

If you think about it, All these post responding to Keith13 were and are on topic. Examples are given and others reply. My example of the MSNBC incident showed just how bad misreporting can get.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 11:21:53 PM »

hjon, who do you recommend to judge whether each post is on topic or not. I'm sure everyone would not agree as to whether a particular post was on topic or not.  It's more fun just relaxing and seeing where the conversation goes.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 01:01:48 AM »

It’s like Fox News hjon.  They’ve learned from the masters. laugh
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 01:13:56 AM »

A perfect example would be the post by a TF beek - Ask questions here(I think). I would post a link but I can't find it now. The purpose as spelled out by the OP was anyone interested in TF could ask questions about the subject and he would answer them. I have to give Mr. Parker credit for trying to keep it on track but it was sidetracked, interrupted, you name it.

My point is:
The OP should be respected. Why not just begin a new post to suit your needs?
I have noticed that most of the off topic posts begin with a disagreement that gets batted back and forth or meanders where ever it will and does nothing to progress the OP.

While it may be entertaining(sometimes), I find I would rather not post than wade through all the unrelated mess. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one to feel that way.

Who should judge? Can we all just agree to make an honest effort to stay on topic? Police yourself, more often than not one knows when it happens.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 01:47:52 AM »

In the bee forums, I agree, and many have been locked for straying.

Coffee house is different, The rules are relaxed somewhat and we joke a lot. Some even get heated.

Example... Bluebee and I. We both go into shock when we agree on something, which isn't often. We also take friendly jabs at one another. I don't think either of us have ever gotten mad.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 09:34:43 AM »

In the bee forums, I agree, and many have been locked for straying.

Coffee house is different, The rules are relaxed somewhat and we joke a lot. Some even get heated.

that's it. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
RC
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »

Speaking of derailing , did you see the video of the train in Spain? What a disaster. evil
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 10:48:16 AM »

that's really, really, bad!   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
RC
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »

I just couldn't help it. Sorry.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 10:14:56 PM »

I forgive you. This time.... cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: