Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 05:55:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you trust for news?  (Read 2617 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 05:09:25 PM »

Keith13, Do you see what you started !
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 06:08:43 PM »

Kathy, I had no problem finding the unedited call.

i'll take your word for it.  maybe there are more copies of it out there now than there were.  i had to go through several pages of those who claimed to be posting the call, only to find that most were edited. 
I cannot imagine how I can contribute more to this thread

not if you can't answer the question asked  Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »

Struck a nerve, now someone's mad.
I didn't  sidetrack this thread. The OP is about who do you trust. I have answered. I didn't need someone to fetch the unedited call. I will repeat if someone can't find what is plentiful that is on them. I have nothing to prove.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »

usually people who say "i  have nothing to prove" can't.  that's ok.  i just have this thing about people making statements and offering something to back it up.  "I do not fetch"  sounds more like  "oops, got called on that and I don't have a clue!".

you said:
Doctoring audio and video isn't new to FOX or MSNBC.

he asked:
Can you point out where or when Fox doctored a news story, dangerous or not

it seemed like a fair question, but hey.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »

usually people who say "i  have nothing to prove" can't.  that's ok.  i just have this thing about people making statements and offering something to back it up.

If the information was obscure or difficult to obtain I would agree and provide it. But it's not. I only regret we can't stop derailing a perfectly good thread ....

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 10:17:55 PM »

it must be obscure.  you are the only one with info on fox doctoring tapes.  it's ok if you don't want to share.

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 02:33:16 PM »

With the Al Jazeera America station coming on air, I thought maybe I could say, on topic, that on political news I trust BBC RT or Al Jazeera before others. And that's pretty sad I think, that it takes someone "outside" to look in and tell us what is really happening.
 But I'm cynical so even these outlets should be cross checked.
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »

Anytime there has been news of anything I had personal experience with, what I see reported has been wrong.  I can only assume it's always wrong.  Fox exaggerates to the right.  The rest exaggerate to the left.  NPR reports things that everyone else ignores but again leans to the left.  Still I like that I hear about things being otherwise ignored.  European news is the same.  Strong left leaning, but items otherwise ignored in the US media.  I agree you also have to read between the lines.  There is a HUGE difference between "they had materials that could be used to make a bomb" and "they had an assembled pipe bomb".  Everyone has "materials that could be used to make a bomb" in their garage.  It's the bag of fertilizer you have for the garden and the can of gasoline for your mower.  It's any number of other volatile substances like paint thinner etc.  Hasn't anyone ever watched McGyver?  So you do have to read between the lines...  I find it interesting how often the mainstream media implies guilt because a gun was found in someone's home, despite that being a constitutionally guaranteed right...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »

I trust people with "new media" cameras who post unedited footage of what really happened - preferably in a comparison format against 'what they said happened'. I lean pretty right myself, but I dropped the (R) some time ago; I only care about the unabridged truth so I can reach my own conclusions. (this includes 911 call tapes).

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »

that on political news I trust BBC RT or Al Jazeera before others.

i read bbc all the time and spend a fair amount of time on AJ both reading and engaging.  bbc is consistently left.  doesn't matter if they are reporting on our news or theirs.  it's a complaint of the brits also as it is funded by a TV tax...thus avoiding the claim that it's government funded   shocked

AJ is pretty far out there on most stories that have anything to do with the west.  they have a high error rate on those stories, but some of it can be chalked up to lack of understanding of certain cultural and legal things.  some of it is sloppy and some of it is definitely agenda driven  BUT when it comes to the forums or comments sections, i have had some outstanding conversations.  they do not censor the conversation and i can't get that on our own comments sections.  CNN, Huff, and some of the other left leaning sites are really bad about deleting comments from conservative posters. 

there is no source that should be taken at face value.  all can make mistakes and some flat out lie. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Carol
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »

Lots of charges against Fox News.....but no one can come up with any proof....funny it's not hard to find it on some of the other media.

I do check some of the others...just to see what the lefties arnt being told.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »

Carol you might go look at the post I began here:
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,42349.0.html

There are plenty of examples if you are willing to look.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »

which we pretty much took apart  Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 09:07:04 PM »

And I disagree.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »

which we pretty much took apart  Wink

Agreed!  Smiley

And I disagree.

hjon,
Not trying to be difficult or stir up trouble, but the fact that you disagree doesn't surprise me in the least, or probably anyone else for that matter.  And honestly, I have no desire to expend time and energy to try and change your mind, which I have no doubt I couldn't do, even if I put forth the effort.

But I am truly curious about one common theme...While I hate painting with a broad brush and putting labels on people, Let's be honest, we all do it, because simply put, labels fit.

Anyone who spends any amount of time on this forum, especially in the coffee house, can get a pretty quick read on each members political views.

Now for what I'm confused on...I'm fairly conservative, freely admit it, even embrace it.  I think I can comfortably say that most like minded folks on the forum feel the same way about this.  What I don't fully understand, folks like You and Blue, who I think would be categorized by most as leaning significantly left, at a minimum, always shun the left and liberal label and claim to be MODERATES.  huh

To steal a line from Monday Night Football C'Mon Man!    I just don't get it, why is that?  Why not just embrace it?

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 01:06:27 AM »

I think we’ve covered this many times Moots.  The extremes (right and left) base their opinions on emotion.  We’ve seen this over and over in posts about economics, science, regulations, coal, incandescent light bulbs, etc.  Those of us in the middle (the moderates) base our decisions on DATA.  We are objective and rational and don’t need a puppet master to tell us what to believe.   Just sayin  Wink
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 04:35:07 AM »

Not trying to be difficult or stir up trouble, but the fact that you disagree doesn't surprise me in the least, or probably anyone else for that matter.  And honestly, I have no desire to expend time and energy to try and change your mind, which I have no doubt I couldn't do, even if I put forth the effort.

But I am truly curious about one common theme...While I hate painting with a broad brush and putting labels on people, Let's be honest, we all do it, because simply put, labels fit.

Anyone who spends any amount of time on this forum, especially in the coffee house, can get a pretty quick read on each members political views.

Now for what I'm confused on...I'm fairly conservative, freely admit it, even embrace it.  I think I can comfortably say that most like minded folks on the forum feel the same way about this.  What I don't fully understand, folks like You and Blue, who I think would be categorized by most as leaning significantly left, at a minimum, always shun the left and liberal label and claim to be MODERATES.  huh

To steal a line from Monday Night Football C'Mon Man!    I just don't get it, why is that?  Why not just embrace it?

Moots If you replaced the word FOX news with any other MSM outlet my responses would have been the same. Because I dare attack the perception of a Right leaning agency it upsets those who believe the Fair and Balanced misnomer FOX places on themselves. It may appear to some I always take up a Left position(untrue) but it only appears that way because the Right posts the most crap propaganda. Here, at least anyway. And I will continue to say, when I encounter it, what is wrong with it. I will do the same if it were from the Left.

The links I provided were admittedly quickly searched/scanned for evidence of manipulation. If anyone can honestly say there is no manipulation to further an agenda(in this case the Right) I can't convince them regardless of the evidence. Ask BlueBee after the School Lunch post if he believes I'm Left leaning. Or any Post about gun control Or governments over reaching power Or God Lord this could take awhile....

I have said it before and apparently I will need to repeat it a few times. I see very little difference between Left/Right politicians. Forget what they say, look at what they do.

Here's a tasty little piece of propaganda for you courtesy of FOX news:
Bush is in office NSA=GOOD
Obama in office NSA=BAD

Hannity Then and Now on NSA Surveillance

But the source...
But it's Hannity...
But it's opinion....

All on FOX. I can find just as much of any other MSM "news" outlet, YES I lump them all together.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »

I think we’ve covered this many times Moots.  The extremes (right and left) base their opinions on emotion.  We’ve seen this over and over in posts about economics, science, regulations, coal, incandescent light bulbs, etc.  Those of us in the middle (the moderates) base our decisions on DATA.  We are objective and rational and don’t need a puppet master to tell us what to believe.   Just sayin  Wink

Blue,
Walt Disney should have had your imagination!  grin lau

And No....I don't think we've ever covered it.  But I've seen you in countless post criticize and belittle "Conservatives" as a group. If you're truly a moderate and are so "objective and rational", seems like there would be some...hell!...Maybe just one instance where you took issue with and were equally outraged with Liberals.  huh

Hey, Maybe I missed it!  If you could post a link or two where you've done this, it would be appreciated!  Smiley

On a side note....about 4 months ago you were on one of your rants about how BO was such a great President and what a great job he was doing.  As often is the case, your one attempt to offer "something" to support your stance was  the "look at the Market" response.

I asked one simple, straight forward, fair question... What "SPECIFICALLY" has BO done to create or aid the current market?

Seems like for such an objective and rational, data based, free thinking, moderate such as yourself, this would have been pretty easy. But instead you offered this dodge...

I'm too tired tonight, but I suppose I can TRY next time I log on.  Get your thinking cap ready  Wink  

Well I sent a few followups in the days after that....but not a whisper...NOTHING BUT CRICKETS!

But hey, it's been nearly 4 months now...So if you've caught up on your rest, and aren't too tired  Wink....I would REALLY love to hear an objective and rational answer to that question.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed!
If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »

Mark Twain is often quoted because of his realistic insights. Perfect quote for this thread. Well done Mr. Bush
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next