Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 07:37:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you trust for news?  (Read 1914 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: August 10, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »

I just recently stopped trusting my local news station for news. I long ago quit the MSM. I remember back in the 90's a reporter for the local 6 o'clock news reporting on her husband a fellow newscaster that had been caught with a prostitue in diapers being spanked it was the lead story. She lead with that story with tears in her eyes. Just recently the local news is skipping major stories here in Baton Rouge because of the connection to the on air people as well as local politicians. It seems I no longer trust the local rag or newscast. I still read Fox News online and like to think they are reporting the truth. Whomdomyou trust for unbiased news? I thought the bbc was good but recentlytheytoo have been caught manipulating the news.

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:33:17 PM »

i'm not sure i trust any one source.  i get some from fox, but from their hard news, not opinion stuff.  there are a number of online sites that i cruse every day.  i read stuff from source that i don't trust but that's for research and entertainment. 

i would not trust any one source.  even the best of them can get things wrong.  most of the worst of them have one or two good reporters that you can rely on to at least try to get news to you.  the exception would be MSNBC which is not news, not entertainment, but is a propaganda organization for the admin.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 12:22:52 AM »

Keith13. The fact you ask the question says you will be OK. Your life experience tells you to be cautious. Just think of the baboons who believe everything they hear and read.  

I too would say the hard news on fox is OK. MSNBC is total crap. Most locale news around the country are run by liberals. If something sounds a little fishy, I research several sources. Its tough because of the divide and partisanship.

I will add. Some conservative views on the internet, blogs and such, like to stretch the truth or just make things up. This concerns me greatly. These sites only serve to hurt the conservative message.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:36:18 AM by Fox Creek » Logged
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 07:42:37 AM »

Sadly, a lot of the news is not what is reported,but what is omitted. I like to pass across Breitbart and Drudge specifically to hit some of the omitted stories and you can search farther from their.
 One story that comes to mind recently that the MSM media and self proclaimed civil rights activists failed to even acknowledge:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/09/Critics-Blast-Sharpton-Jackson-Over-Silence-on-Brutal-FL-Bus-Beating
Be suspicious of everything, especially news "makers" over true investigative reporters.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »

http://www.cnsnews.com/

here's another one that is more conservative and tends to hit the missed stories. 

i think that one of the reasons that Fox News has becomes so popular is not that there are so many conservatives in the country.  there are not and Fox is not as conservative as the MSM and admin would like you to believe...but that they tend to cover the entire story and not just the PC part of a story.  when people go there they are kind of shocked to find out what they have not been told.

buzzbee is right.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »

"News" media of all forms is tainted IMHO. It all has some policy lean to it.
The fact that the public is becoming more aware is great news. Let's see them report that story lol. Always check a story across several sources for verifications. Because they all stretch to make an issue suit their needs. The truth generally lies between say what FOX & MSNBC report.
I haven't found any one source that is 100% reliable.....
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »

" The truth lies between fox and MSNBC "

MSNBC doctored a copy of the dispatch tape in the Zimmerman case. Their version was inflammatory and designed to create racial division. MSNBC did this to fit the narrative, " White Americans are racist ".  MSNBC did this knowing their reporting could cause race riots. Property would be damaged, innocents could be injured or murdered. This is unforgivable. If you even turn to MSNBC for any reason, one would have to wonder what is in your mind.

You may want to do a little research regarding the misery Al Sharpton , J. Jackson and their ilk have perpetrated on the American public. These race hucksters have caused the ruin and even death of innocents. Start with Tawana Brawley and Crown Heights.

Make no mistake, MSNBC knew exactly what they were doing.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 01:20:19 AM »

Let me be clear. Distorting the truth to suit an agenda for any reason makes ANY media outlet unfit to be trusted. That is my only point. Both FOX & MSNBC have engaged in these practices. Therefore both are untrustworthy and one would be well advised to either read both and find the truth between them or look elsewhere for confirmation before believing anything they release.

If you want to debate the finer points of race baiting perhaps another thread would be in order. I prefer to address the topic specified in the OP.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 04:05:24 AM »

Fox News  lau lau lau
LindaL
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 09:18:39 AM »

I have live in Europe now for 15 years and from time to time I still check the American (basically because they are in English) news sites. 

The info you are given in the USA believe it or not isn't the same as the info that the rest of the worlds gets.    When it comes to world news you guys get very limited info.  Even the news of whats going on in the USA we get more then I see on the American news sites.   I even compared this with my father once.   He was surprised to here what the Danish and even the UK sites where reporting.

Linda

Official bee stalker of the bee yard
Bee keeper since July 31, 2013
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »

When my kid would say, "Dad, I didn't break your lamp", all I heard was "The lamp is broken".
That's the way you have to read the news from all the sources. None of them are going to tell you the truth, but some tidbits of truth are in all of them. You just have to pick out the tidbits from each and wonder about the rest.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »

He was surprised to here what the Danish and even the UK sites where reporting.

it is true that different places concentrate on different news.  when i go to europe, i hear more euro-centric news, but what i hear about US news is often pretty distorted.  i'm sure it works the other way around too. 

to be honest, i think in a country this big with this many people, there is a considerable amount of US news that is more important to US people.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »

i consider any news i hear or read a starting point.  if i want to know more, or check accuracy, i'll spend time doing that.  i don't buy anything that i hear or read, but i also don't have time to research every single story. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »

Let me be clear. Distorting the truth to suit an agenda for any reason makes ANY media outlet unfit to be trusted. That is my only point. Both FOX & MSNBC have engaged in these practices. Therefore both are untrustworthy and one would be well advised to either read both and find the truth between them or look elsewhere for confirmation before believing anything they release.

If you want to debate the finer points of race baiting perhaps another thread would be in order. I prefer to address the topic specified in the OP.

OK, you missed my point.  " News outlets spewing misinformation can be dangerous. "     Is this clear enough?

BY the way. I do watch some Fox news. Can you point to an instance where Fox doctored a tape to insight violence??  If Fox did this, I would like to know.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 02:27:56 PM »

" News outlets spewing misinformation can be dangerous. "     Is this clear enough?

Crystal clear. Couldn't agree more.

BY the way. I do watch some Fox news. Can you point to an instance where Fox doctored a tape to insight violence??  If Fox did this, I would like to know.

Doctoring audio and video isn't new to FOX or MSNBC. That, to me, is dangerous. If violence is where some draw their moral line in the sand, so be it. I draw mine at spewing misinformation.

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »

The info you are given in the USA believe it or not isn't the same as the info that the rest of the worlds gets.    When it comes to world news you guys get very limited info.  Even the news of whats going on in the USA we get more then I see on the American news sites.   I even compared this with my father once.   He was surprised to here what the Danish and even the UK sites where reporting.

Linda

Amen sister. Propaganda is alive and well right here is the good ol' USofA.
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »

" News outlets spewing misinformation can be dangerous. "     Is this clear enough?

Crystal clear. Couldn't agree more.

Doctoring audio and video isn't new to FOX or MSNBC. That, to me, is dangerous. If violence is where some draw their moral line in the sand, so be it. I draw mine at spewing misinformation.

Can you point out where or when Fox doctored a news story, dangerous or not ? If not, you should be able to see a clear difference between Fox News and MSNBC. For some, a "right leaning news story" would be much different than say, "doctoring a tape".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »

yes, we have propaganda.  it is usually directed at swaying elections and opinion as far left as possible.  

the fact that we don't  have a lot of european news is not sinister, it's logical.  we have a big country.  there is lots of news.  there's not enough time to cover everything.  now...if you want more world news you can watch one of the 24/7 channels, bbc, etc.  

go to Europe and watch the news and you don't get a lot of US news other than things that will impact europe, or things that they want to make fun of.  as an example, you'll get a lot of coverage of any gun violence as the "reporters" tsk, tsk, the violent americans.  most of the time the have the story and the back story wrong, but they meet the agenda.
many of the European news organizations, especially on the TV, are getting some kind of government subsidy.  they are not independant as we know it.

everyone has their own agenda.  knowing the agenda is part of making good consumer decisions.

The zimmerman tape editing was a good example.  NBC was not the only one to do it.  as i was writing something, i wanted to hear or read the entire 911 call.  i had to do some searching to find a site that had an unedited version.  listening to the unedited 911 call gave a different perspective on the whole thing and made the trial outcome much easier to understand....which, i'm sure, is why it was harder to find the unedited version.

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 04:51:50 PM »

I cannot imagine how I can contribute more to this thread. If there is some point found contentious it may be due to party favoritism.

Can you point out where or when Fox doctored a news story, dangerous or not ? If not, you should be able to see a clear difference between Fox News and MSNBC. For some, a "right leaning news story" would be much different than say, "doctoring a tape".
If a person can't find what fox creek seeks they simply aren't looking and I do not fetch.

Kathy, I had no problem finding the unedited call.
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

I cannot imagine how I can contribute more to this thread. If there is some point found contentious it may be due to party favoritism.

If a person can't find what fox creek seeks they simply aren't looking and I do not fetch.

Kathy, I had no problem finding the unedited call.

YOU, claimed Fox News and MSNBC were of the same ilk. (redundant)?  Should you not be challenged? Should you not at least produce some proof ? You accuse Fox News of doctoring the news, yet refuse to back the statement with facts. Kind of sounds like those this thread is about.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next