Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 09:43:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Accidents  (Read 972 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: February 04, 2006, 11:17:56 AM »

Have you ever thought about them much? Do you think they just happen? I for one believe most of the accidents started a long time before the actual event. Just small little mundane things that no one would even think about as causing an accident, and surely not something one would stop and think about causing a car crash in the future. But face it. Things do lead to accidents. Here are a few obvious ones. Someone gets thier drivers license. You get in a car. Oh but you got your license years ago and have gotten into the car many times and had no problem. OK let's go a little further to things one may not notice. Because you have not had an accident, or even a close shave, you have probably become to relaxed in your driving, started taking it for granted that you can get from point A to point B without even waking up. Perhaps you could, but remember there are other people out there. What do you mean you forgot about the other people?

Then your car itself ain't no spring chicken. Yes you keep the fluid levels up. You keep the oil changed. But do you or anyone ever crawl under the thing and give components a good shake just to see if anything is loose? Do you look around it every now and then to see if all the lights are working? Do you ever inspect the wipers, or do you wait for that first rain and then discover the blades need replacing or they just don't work. Or do you just jump in, start it up, and drive off thinking the thing is in as good a shape as it was yesterday?

Now, how about your disposition? Had a fight with your better half? Got fired from your job? Just fired someone? IRS just took your house? Or you preoccupied with thoughts of your up comeing vacation?

So when you and that other driver meet in the middle of that intersection, you look back and say "WOW. This accident started two days ago."

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 11:53:30 AM »

Jerry:

I live 1.2 miles from the front-gate of the Navy Base where I work, and not one day goes by where I DON'T have at least THREE ying-yang drivers do something totally stupid - in most cases severe enough to get them seriously injured or killed if I or other alert drivers didn't evade their stupidity.

The single "most thing" that bugs me is people who don't use directions "especially" when they swing to the far left to make a right, or visa-versa: you just can't get around them safely, cause you have no clue what they are attempting to do without that turn-signal.

The other big one is people who are so slow at traffic lights they temp people across the intersection to turn in front of them - this is always an accident waiting to happen. More later, off to work.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next