Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 04:38:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson Bee Removals  (Read 422 times)
blanc
House Bee

« on: July 21, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »

These were two hives about six feet apart on the same wall about 2 ft x 7 ft in size. First hive appeared to have swarmed and not as many bees as I would have thought. The second hive had good numbers. It was a hard removal because they had attached to old drywall. Took 8 hrs to get both hives out by myself in an old abandoned home set to be demolished. One of those jobs you make sure you don't fall through the floor. The neighbor said the hives been in the building 30 plus years but who knows. I took out 4 1/2 five gal buckets of capped honey from both hives. Drenched with sweat all day not too fun  Sad. The money helps and getting more bees too!  grin
Blanc

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
rwurster
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:38:42 PM »

There must be at least 30 pounds of honey in comb in the last pic.  Nice cutout.

Zone 5a @ 4700 ft. High Desert
Facebook Link
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »

One nice thing about that job, you don't have to worry about how much damage you do or cleaning up.
That's a lot of honey.
Jim
blanc
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:22:31 AM »

Problem with some of the old comb is the cells don't hold as much honey as you would expect. I would estimate about five gals of honey after I crush and strain it all and it is nice not having cleanup and throwing unusable comb in the weeds out back. grin
Blanc

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next