Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 03:17:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Federal Government (or lack of)  (Read 1644 times)
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »

>...views that the majority of our country don’t share.

That is so absurd that I have no idea how to respond to that...  I suppose all those republicans who get elected are all buying the election while the democrats are all winning them honestly?

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »

Check the geography of the last election. That will explain it to you. Beekeeping and other ag activities are naturally located in the more rural areas.

Remove the voters of both sides from the 10 largest cities and the reps. would have won by a major landslide.

The election was won by votes from many who have never seen a bee, chicken, or cow alive.

The majority of our country does share the thoughts, it's just the majority of the people who vote, many several times, who make up the electoral.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »

The majority of our country does share the thoughts, it's just the majority of the people who vote, many several times, who make up the electoral

+ when people are polled on individual issues, most tend toward the conservative.  when people go to vote, they tend to vote for the party or the name they recognize.  unfortunatly we have a very uninformed bunch of people voting and not understanding the ideology of those they put in office.

as an example of groups that vote against their own beliefs, both jews and catholics are are more conservative on most issues than the party they continually vote for.  of course both have been forms of government so they have trouble separating their teachings on charity from the idea of government social welfare....but that's about all they have in common with the leftists they vote in.
in the last couple of elections and in most local elections, blacks voted for the leftists even though they disagree with them on most social issues.  as an example, CA banned gay marriage because of the huge black turnout for obama.  if not for that, the amendment would not have passed.  yet they put in office the very people who support gay marriage.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/152021/conservatives-remain-largest-ideological-group.aspx

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »

>right of Ghengis Khan

Ghengis Khan would definitely have not been a libertarian nor a republican, both of which are called "right"... quite the opposite...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next