Following my post you know I brought home a 5 frame nuc on May 11. Put it in a 10 frame box. Two weeks later added a box. On June 14th
I removed that box with its contents. Replaced it with another. This split did not have the mother queen in it. I left it as was and the bees made 8 queen cells. 4 each on two frames. Then I split to 5 and 4 frame boxes. As soon as the queens emerged I switched again to 8 frame boxes. Now it is July 15. The fast one has 3 frames of brood and about half of that is capped.
These bees must have been in overdrive from the get go. I had been worried about the flying weather as we have had so much rainy unsettled weather. Evidently that queen found some windows of opportunity to fly out and get the job done. She is just like her mother, solid pattern with very few missis. ( by the way} she is black. Although the other one is slower it is coming along. So my first attempt to rear queens seems to be going right. But the time of actions surprises me. :shock: :) d2