Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 03:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine  (Read 1697 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »

a lot of the time they are a waste, but i have watched the Benghazi and IRS hearings that were public.  they were pretty good and we did get info out of them.  there were also private hearings and i'm hoping that progress was made. 
when you are talking about baseball steroid hearings.....that is truly a waste.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

Kathp. It is a great idea! Could we get enough real conservatives to elect a candidate for prez?

Not as long as we sit by and watch the republicans self destruct. Watching the leftist suck republicans into social issues, (time after time, year after year) then hit them over the head with it , has been disturbing.

How can we get our message out, " self reliance, individual rights, low taxes, small constitutional government", when most of the time republicans insist on reacting to the leftist playbook? A conservative candidate would be convincing with, "as far as the social issues, states rights! federal government out!" As long as we stay with the republicans, this message can not get out.

I know we have been a little long on this so I will end with telling you, "nice to debate with a fellow conservative!" 
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »

>They amount to a waste of time and money.

Congressional hearings are always just a big political posturing circus... but still if the FBI doesn't answer to Congress who does it answer to?

The problem is congressional hearings rarely result in any action. They spend endless days with questions, enqueries, and testimony but I never hear of any punishment. NONE. That's the problem I think. Wall Street fiasco - not one indictment. Benjhazi - no one found responsible.... See where I'm going with this?  Pointless
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »

>They amount to a waste of time and money.

Congressional hearings are always just a big political posturing circus... but still if the FBI doesn't answer to Congress who does it answer to?

The problem is congressional hearings rarely result in any action. They spend endless days with questions, enqueries, and testimony but I never hear of any punishment. NONE. That's the problem I think. Wall Street fiasco - not one indictment. Benjhazi - no one found responsible.... See where I'm going with this?  Pointless

I agree. Hopefully, when people hear the lies, the cover-ups and see people taking the fifth, it will effect they way they vote. Understanding, leftist will not move from their positions.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 05:07:47 PM »

Make no mistake, the righties don't move too quickly either. Talking about doing something and actually doing it are not the same. Let us focus on Congress because they can severely limit what the POTUS can do. And impeach anyone who overreaches.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »

Talking about doing something and actually doing it are not the same. Let us focus on Congress because they can severely limit what the POTUS can do.

in many ways, they are the most important because they control money and legislation.  if we can't get rid of all these alphabet agencies that presidents use as agenda tools, then we need a congress with the nuts to not fund them and hold them accountable. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »

in many ways, they are the most important because they control money and legislation.  if we can't get rid of all these alphabet agencies that presidents use as agenda tools, then we need a congress with the nuts to not fund them and hold them accountable. 

Agreed. Now who else will agree the place to start is Congress?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »

it will start with all of us taking an honest look at our reps.  we can't return 90% of them to office and then complain that nothing changes.  we have to be honest about their voting record and not just look at whatever goodies they have grabbed for our states. 

we have to work to support conservative candidates and that takes time, money, and a good argument.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next