Haven't been into my hives for a week. Trying to be good and leave them alone so they can build up now that the queens are finally laying eggs.
Anyway we took pictures so we could be in and out as quickly as possible. And glad we did. This is what turned up on the photos.
In this photo I noticed what appeared to be a tunnel going under the cells of pollen and honey.
So I cropped and enlarged.
I believe this is Wax Moth larvae. Please tell me if I am right.
Went right back out and took the frame out of the hive. Then proceeded to closely check the others frames but didn't see any other damage. There were too many frames for the amount of bees in this hive. I removed the unused frames of drawn comb and replaced them with empty foundationless frames so the bees won't have to try and cover them.
I placed the infected frame in a bag and into the freezer it went.
Will watch hive closely to make sure there aren't more on the remaining frames.