Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 10:21:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to bees and need new Italian queen asap  (Read 422 times)
beegirlnewyork
New Bee

« on: June 29, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »

Hello,
My family was given an Italian bee hive late this spring as a gift (package bees from down south), and we've lost two marked queens in a row and are queenless again!  We had some queen cell production with the first queen, but as of today, the second package queen we put in there is now gone and there are no signs of larvae.  We still have a lot of bees, but not as many as the start.  Does anyone know of any Italian queen producers near the Syracuse, NY, area or anywhere close in our region?  I don't want to go back to the same source I had for the other two queens, since these have seemed to be duds.  I'm afraid I'll have to hang it up for this year, if we can't get these bees going with a good queen asap.  Thanks you so much for your help.
doug494
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »

I know Walter Kelley has queens. They can mail them.  Unless that was your original source.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »

i wouldn't get hung up on breed.  just get a good queen no matter what she is.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next