So, I went outside today to get other work done, and figured a nice warm day, I'll go peek and see how they have progressed. As soon as I got the outer cover off bees started pouring out. Pulled the inner cover, and more bees boiling over. Gave a peek down at the previously undrawn frames, and every one was at least 70% drawn. Apparently, they've been busy. I put the second deep on, and closed everything back up. I also put a cork in the bottom deep hole, so that they (eventually) will use the upper hole. Looked to me like they were going to need the space in the next few days.
I just wish I had my camera with me to get pictures.
And after going back out 3 hours later, there is a whole bunch of activity at the bottom entrance and within 20 feet of the hive. Maybe I angry them off with the cork, or it could be orientation flights. It's all new to me.