Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 05:06:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: reuniting bees  (Read 423 times)
themayor
New Bee

« on: June 23, 2013, 04:59:20 PM »

I did a stump cut out and filled two medium boxes with comb. I combined 1 boxof comb with the vacuumed bees and brought it home. I left the other boxof comb on site to gather the foragers and stray bees in the area. can I just re combine these? will they remember each other? or should I do a newspaper combine.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »

I wouldn't worry about it and just combine
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 07:46:42 PM »

they'll be fine.  i just dumped some random bees in front of an established hive and they were taken right it.  you have problems if you have more than one queen, or if it's one hive robbing another.  if it's just workers moving in, not a problem.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
duryeafarms
House Bee

Re:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »

How do they distinguish between a worker needing a home and robbers? The ski masks?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 12:07:30 AM »

LOL

must be an attitude thing.  i watched ours be checked out by guard bees and let in.  maybe they had their little hats in their little hands.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
don2
Doak
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 12:20:18 AM »

They can detect mischievous intruders that are up to no good.  shocked Smiley Wink d2

Better.to.Bee.than.not
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »

it's a secret handshake, and password. gotta have bunches of legs, and bee taught it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next