I wanted to put the splits in 8 frame boxes. I did so. While I was transferring the frames I checked the ones that had the queen cells on them. So, I have read more than once that the workers can tell through the cell which queen will be the best. well it appears that is what has taken place in my splits. All the cells except one in each box are gone.The bees are not congregating around these cells. where the other ones were they were at work cleaning up. By the way, forgot to mention the wax comb these cells were built on were virgin wax comb. The one cell was capped last Wednesday, that was 5 days after the split was made and it is in a place that I specifically noticed the larvae, very small. The other one was an egg on the split day. Because of noticing to see how many eggs and fresh hatched brood was on those 2 frames. These two frames was number 2 and 8, everything in between was capped brood.
This is the first time I have tried rearing queens. All Cells I ever had were swarm cells. That may be why I never had very good luck.
I think because when you make a split from a swarm pulsed colony they will carry the impulse to the split and swarm anyhow.
So today is day 12 and I didn't think there was anyway those queen cells was ready.
Now, check this out. The colony I made this split from now has the second box almost full of brood again, and it was a medium five frame nuc on the May 11. But the crow was good.